Home

Denard Robinson

This is a discussion on Denard Robinson within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:40 PM   #65
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Denard Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganMan22
Dorsey should have never been recruited, kid had a 1.7 gpa before he went to that alternative school and he still has not gotten admitted at Louisville that's on Rich Rod for thinking that would fly at a school like Michigan. Jury is still out on Turner I agree but to me it comes down to recruiting and this staff just frankly is not that good. Instead of taking 3-4 slots/wideouts a year like we had done the past 2 years why don't we take 5 or 6 corners or 3-4 pure linebackers? Almost every Michigan fan made fun of Tressel when he took 6 corners back in the 06 or 07 class I believe. It's not so funny now, even when their highly rated guys don't pan out (ie Eugene Clifford and James Scott) they have 3 or 4 who do because they recruit so many as well as their ability to develop them. Although Gibson is our best recruiter on staff the things he has pulled the last 3 years are grounds for being fired, but he's Rich Rod's lacky.
These are some really good points, especially about recruiting DBs. I would hope it would be easier for Michigan to recruit good CBs especially considering our tradition of having beasts at corner (Woodson, Hall). The way the college game is going now with passing being such a priority one would hope the program could realize this and put more importance on getting strong corners and safeties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #66
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sam99
These are some really good points, especially about recruiting DBs. I would hope it would be easier for Michigan to recruit good CBs especially considering our tradition of having beasts at corner (Woodson, Hall). The way the college game is going now with passing being such a priority one would hope the program could realize this and put more importance on getting strong corners and safeties.
Well, after we get them, we need to keep them instead of having them transfer to Big East schools.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinsFan86
You can get away with being dumb and athletic in college, not in the Pros. How many Superbowls have Vince Young, Michael Vick and Warren Moon won?

Go ahead I'll wait...
How did you come to the conclusion that Denard is dumb?
Old 09-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #68
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
You can get away with being dumb and athletic in college, not in the Pros. How many Superbowls have Vince Young, Michael Vick and Warren Moon won?

Go ahead I'll wait...
And how many did Dan Marino win? Or Ryan Fitzpatrick who went to Harvard? While i am not fans of Young and Vick because of what i would say is questionable accuracy, i do question why Warren Moon is in that group. Warren was an excellent QB who really didn't run much. He only broke 200 yards three times (and barely) in his NFL career. For example Aaron Rodgers has already run for over 200 yards the last two years.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:58 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:

Go ahead I'll wait...

You are incredibly ignorant to include Warren Moon in that group.

You obviously never saw him play, or know anything about his career.

Warren Moon is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Moon is right up there with Marino and Foutes as far as being one the greatest pure passers who have ever lived.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #70
Rookie

It is really sad to see a racist on these forums.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #71
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Drug/Political/Racial/Religious/Sexual Related Talk
There are to be NO racial, political, religious, drug related or sexual talk or attacks at Operation Sports. We have a multitude of posters here, and not everyone shares the same views on life as you. To minimize issues between posters, none of these topics will be tolerated on the boards.

Those of you that ignored this are no longer members of OS.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2010, 09:04 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganMan22
We have had 2 dc's in the last 3 years and nothing has gotten better with regards to recruiting on defense or play on the field. Maybe it's not the coordinators that should be getting the bulk of the blame maybe it should fall on our head coach Rich Rodriguez and his buddies(ie the position coaches on defense) They have been the mainstays the last 3 years and the fact that Tony Gibson still has a job has all but taken away the little faith I had in Rich taking our program back to the elite level. If Gibson can't coach our secondary and can't field a competent special teams unit why does he still have a job? Rich's loyalty to his position coaches is going to be his downfall among other things.
Couldn't agree more with this. If RR is canned at the end of the year it will be because of the awful defense. Gibson, at the very least, better be gone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »