Home

if You were a coach of your favorite college what offense would you run?

This is a discussion on if You were a coach of your favorite college what offense would you run? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2010, 11:05 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: if You were a coach of your favorite college what offense would you run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
A crazy idea I just had for a unique offense, is the six-wide offense. 4 O-lineman and 1 tight end line up where they usually do. 5 receivers spread out with a physical dual threat QB who can take a lot of hits. The QB reads the defense and decides whether to audible to a QB draw or motion a receiver to the backfield to either option or hand off. If he wants to pass then sometimes he may motion the tight end away from the o line and line up as a receiver to make the 6th wide receiver. The idea is that the defense will have to be running quarter or dime all game which will make the tight end covered by a DB 90% of the time. With some more thought to it I think this could be a very powerful and balanced offense.
The only problem is that I think you can only have 5 eligible receivers
Old 09-15-2010, 11:15 PM   #10
Rookie

Cornwallus's Arena

OVR: 1

The spread option Pistol revolving wing. No Huddle. I coach a youth team and we dominate with it. It's an offense I came up with involving the Double wing look in a pistol formation. No huddle, We line up and I hold up colored pieces of construction paper dictating what I see in the defense, my players will look at their wrist coach and know exactly what to do. It's amazing what 8 year olds can learn
Old 09-15-2010, 11:34 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornwallus
The spread option Pistol revolving wing. No Huddle. I coach a youth team and we dominate with it. It's an offense I came up with involving the Double wing look in a pistol formation. No huddle, We line up and I hold up colored pieces of construction paper dictating what I see in the defense, my players will look at their wrist coach and know exactly what to do. It's amazing what 8 year olds can learn
Can you send me a pm describing it in depth more like what is the double wing pistol or send me the playbook?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 11:45 PM   #12
Rookie

Cornwallus's Arena

OVR: 1

Sure. It's only a five page playbook These are 4th-6th graders afterall who can learn the the plays but their muscle development is in full swing and sometimes their brain and body aren't working together. I have 7 running plays and 3 passing plays. Sweep, Wedge, and Power are my money plays
Old 09-16-2010, 12:16 AM   #13
Rookie

dshill's Arena

OVR: 3

I'd be interested in seeing what Wisconsin could do with the flexbone, with the depth we have at running back and offensive line. Curt Phillips, our 2nd string qb (who's out with an ACL tear right now) has some good speed, more of a bruiser-type, who could be a good option QB. John Clay (if he returns) would be an amazing fullback, White would be a real good wb, Ball wouldn't be too bad there either.

But the run heavy pro-style offense has worked well for us, I couldn't imagine us running anything different.

Build me up, buttercup, don't break my heart.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:47 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshill
I'd be interested in seeing what Wisconsin could do with the flexbone, with the depth we have at running back and offensive line. Curt Phillips, our 2nd string qb (who's out with an ACL tear right now) has some good speed, more of a bruiser-type, who could be a good option QB. John Clay (if he returns) would be an amazing fullback, White would be a real good wb, Ball wouldn't be too bad there either.

But the run heavy pro-style offense has worked well for us, I couldn't imagine us running anything different.
yeah imagine florida or some team in the SEC start using the flexbone
Old 09-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1020
yeah imagine florida or some team in the SEC start using the flexbone
I'd love to run a Single Wing offense or Flexbone offense with Alabama. That would be a nightmare to defenses!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 09:03 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Rutgers-I'd run an offense that was able to move the ball. Outside runs, screens, deep passes...I think its called offense 101.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »