Home

So I'm 5-7 and made a bowl game

This is a discussion on So I'm 5-7 and made a bowl game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2010, 11:57 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: So I'm 5-7 and made a bowl game

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
You think so? Because they've counted those games for a while, and last year, only 73 teams won 6 or more games. And with more teams gravitating towards the bigger conferences, and playing more conference games, they won't get to play as many of those FCS schools. Only 72 in 08. That was when only 66 teams made bowl games, but now that number is 70. Now they're cutting it pretty close. I bet you'll see a rule passed after this year that a 5-7 team is eligible if there are no 6 win teams to pick from.
Before the 12th game was added, you could only count a 1-AA game every 4th year. You also get 12 chances to win 6 games instead of just 11 now. Most conferences have gone easy with the 12th game. There doesn't need to be a rule change to get a 5-7 team in if there aren't enough. North Texas played in a bowl at 5-6 about 10 years ago or so, maybe slightly more recently. They'll just take a 5-7 team if there aren't enough, but I'll be stunned if we end up with less than 70
Old 09-17-2010, 01:14 PM   #10
Pro

blakty's Arena

OVR: 6

I totally thought that the TC was Notre Dame. Nevermind...
Old 09-17-2010, 06:02 PM   #11
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Can someone please explain to me the purpose of these bowl games. What i mean is how does it translate to the following season(if at all). If you win one do you get a better rank the next year or what?
What i am getting at is obviously the National Championship you have a winner and a loser but what do you get out of winning a bowl game
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
Can someone please explain to me the purpose of these bowl games. What i mean is how does it translate to the following season(if at all). If you win one do you get a better rank the next year or what?
What i am getting at is obviously the National Championship you have a winner and a loser but what do you get out of winning a bowl game
Thanks
I like to look at bowl games as the last time I get to play with that certain squad and a chance to send my seniors out the right way. It also builds good momentum going into next season, and usually will get you a better ranking
Old 09-17-2010, 07:11 PM   #13
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Thanks
in the game, pretty much nothing. it counts as a win or loss, so it could help/hurt recruiting, gaining/losing prestige rating, recruiting pitches, etc...

also in offline dynasty, you could have a coaching goal to get to or win a bowl game. so it'll help on that.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 09-18-2010, 03:00 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 11

I think I read somewhere a couple weeks ago that the "real life" NCAA will allow 5-7 teams to go to bowls starting this year... not sure if it's only allowed if no 6-6 teams are available or what
Old 09-25-2010, 06:02 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

conference tie-in bids will try to discriminate against losing teams if they are in the same conference segment (i.e. 3-5 for conf play), it will pick a team with a overall winning record even if that team lost the H2H to the other team with an overall losing record. if a losing team is in a conference segment all by itself, then it gets that bowl invite

for at large bids, with the exception of BCS bids, they are based on the Coaches Poll posted after the Conference Championship week, and it does not discriminate against losing teams

this is just another EA fail, as EA did include post season bans where teams that have NCAA sanctions do not play in bowl games, and if EA included post season bans, then no excuse, they can implement no post season play for losing teams. i know in RL a conference champion with a losing record can play in a bowl game, but i would rather see EA not implement the Sun Belt rule rather than ignore the rule of no post season play for losing teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 28

Quote:
Thanks
Winning bowl games helps your Academic grade. How it translates, not quite sure....But it does. I am thinking that the money from the bowl equates to the education part of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »