Home

Does Size Matter

This is a discussion on Does Size Matter within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2010, 03:42 PM   #25
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Does Size Matter

I would love to have size and weight and strength and speed all tied in. BUT, there are plenty of times when young kids add size, strenght and speed all at the same time. It would be so hard to really make it work right.

As for OP, I took a two start Juco TE who had WR type speed and TE size, and he worked out really well for me. Some times I try not to get caught up in the stars next to there names.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209vaughn
I would love to have size and weight and strength and speed all tied in. BUT, there are plenty of times when young kids add size, strenght and speed all at the same time. It would be so hard to really make it work right.

As for OP, I took a two start Juco TE who had WR type speed and TE size, and he worked out really well for me. Some times I try not to get caught up in the stars next to there names.
Right if you move a 165 CB to FS and ask him to gain 20 lbs. he may not lose a step, however you would absolutely HAVE to account for moving a 240 pound TE to 290 OT and hit him with speed, same can be said with moving a 200 pound SS and asking him to gain 40 lbs. and get to a 240 pound DE.

I would love to see this in the game because that is how a lot of smaller schools recruit and build their programs currently. Bring in a 205 pound true FR and bulk him up to 230 and slide him to LB.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #27
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Size does matter at certain postions. The line has to have bigger guys because they do take up space, which is huge in all 3 DLine poy mlb'sstions of the 3-4 and the are harder to get past if they are big. I have a 335 (recruited, not created) lb DT that fills the A gab and both B gaps and ALWAYS commands double teams in the run game between the tackles. MLB's get so many tackles and DE's & OLB's sacks because two and three guys on the line are always busy with this guys; the first time with next-gen this has taken place. I have to say I love it!

As far as moving guys, I have moved OLB's to DE, but they were 235, at least. My run D has suffered a little because of the lack of space they take up, but the get to the QB and hold the corner due to their move and strength ratings. I have moved safeties to OLB, but only the guys who are at least 215 or so. Size does indeed matter running the 3-4.

Running a 4-3 I'll put someone on the corner just for speed rush, 210-225, but I prefer the 3-4 personally.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #28
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Weight doesn't seem to matter and this needs fixing for NCAA 12. I try to pretend it matters and recruit guys the proper size to fit my 3-4 system anyway.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:52 PM   #29
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209vaughn
Some times I try not to get caught up in the stars next to there names.
This is me, I look fo guys to fit my system on offense and defense. The best Flexbone HB's are WR's with high carry and break tackle rating to go along with a WR's catch/CIT/SPC ratings. The best 3-4 DE's are often speedier DT's or slower and bigger MLB's. I recruit ratings and ignore stars and position, looking to what they could be.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #30
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

In year five I'm seeing some monster running backs. 6'4, 225 power backs are common.

Brandon Jacobs Jr., minus the helmet tossing.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:28 PM   #31
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
In year five I'm seeing some monster running backs. 6'4, 225 power backs are common.

Brandon Jacobs Jr., minus the helmet tossing.
And minus 40 pounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 07:15 PM   #32
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
And minus 40 pounds.
Weight in general seems to be off this year, as you guys have been talking about. It doesn't seem to matter on the field though, except maybe having a beefy receiver. At least in my dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »