Home

Have you seen very high progression with LTP3/4 for skills guys?

This is a discussion on Have you seen very high progression with LTP3/4 for skills guys? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Have you seen very high progression with LTP3/4 for skills guys?

Have others seen crazy (big) progression with their offensive skill players since LTP3 and LTP4?

I play as Michigan in my offline dynasty and I just finished season 5. My first 3 seasons were all with LTP2, season 4 with LTP3 and this past season with LTP4. I've been a 6* schools except for 1 year as a 5*.

My first 3 years progression seemed normal to me where my guys probably averaged about +3 OVR with a few +5 and maybe a +6 guy. With season 4 (LTP3) I noticed that my WRs all went up by a ton. My top 4 guys were all +5 to +8.

I just finished season 5 and I had a receiver (who got +8 last year) gain +2 from in season progression and then +6 in offseason. He might've gained +8 again, but +6 took him up to 99 after finishing his true SO season. He started as an 83 so he gained 16 OVR points in only 2 seasons. What's more, he gained +2 SPD in both offseasons (I hadn't seen anyone gain more than +1 SPD before). He was a possession receiver with awesome hands (all of his catching ratings are in the high 90s now) but with the +4 SPD, he's no longer a slow receiver so he has SPD to go along with his ridiculous hands.

Here's the worst part. I recruit scrambling QBs so they come in with decent SPD and ACC (usually high 80s) but with inaccurate arms (low 80s). There's a definite tradeoff as they can run, but they overthrow their receivers a lot. My 2 returning QBs gained +5 and +6 OVR and they both gained +6 in THA! This means that after only 2 seasons of progression, my inaccurate "running QBs who can throw okay" will turn into "passing QBs who can run like crazy." There's no risk/reward with them as in a couple of years they'll be reward/reward.

Have I just happened to sign guys with a great potential rating or is this type of progression normal with LTP3/4 for offensive skills guys? My progression for QB/HB/WR is way, way higher than the rest of my positions.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Have you seen very high progression with LTP3/4 for skills guys?

I think that mostly has to do with your team being a 6-star prestige program. Apparently prestige determines how much players progress in the off-season training.

In other words, as long as you keep winning games you'll never have to worry about talent again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »