Home

Goal line Defense

This is a discussion on Goal line Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Goal line Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastexit
I'm new to this forum so maybe this is already in here.

Is there something I'm missing with this goal line stuff? Played two in a row where I COULD NOT stop it. One dude used Wisconsin and never threw, not once. Had like 437 yards rushing on me, all out of goal line.

Happened again next game, but this guy waited until the second half to do it.

It wasn't even close, it was like I called punt block against a verticals play. It was almost funny, almost.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Even if you just think my d sucks that bad.
There is a chance that you played against me in that Wisconsin game, except I don't run out of goaline that much. I do and will run the ball almost every down unless you can stop me. My running game requires you have "stick", which means you better control a LB or Safety and make some plays because the computer guys will not stop me alone regardless of the plays you call. I run consistently for 300 yds a game with Clay. I don't know who you are using, but if you see someone using Wisconsin you better come with a team that has a good Dline and linebackers. To answer your question, I find 4-6 defenses most effective against GL and highly effective run games. Play around with the different plays within that set for what works best. PS - if by chance that was me you played I wouldn't have gone non SIM unless you did it first. I mix my plays up (mostly runs) until someone gets unrealistic with me and then it's azz whooping time.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:01 AM   #10
Rookie

No, It wasn't you I checked my match history. It was gt xxohsosmoothxx. It was a goal line set every play. I think you're right though about the MLB or the SS being player controlled. It's the only thing I can figure out to do. I don't like doing that cause you can get burned big by one PA fake. But 400+ yards on the ground is burning enough.

Nice to know you'd stay sim though unlike this cat. I do to. I didn't start calling punt block and stuff until the game was basically over. I run all the time, but never out of goal line unless I'm on the actual goal line.

This Wisconsin thing is driving me nuts though. I played them again and the guy at least used heavy Ace sets, but it was still really difficult for me to stop.

I dropped the 4-3-5 scheme and went to the multiple pb on D. Maybe that will help.

Is there a team out there that has the 1-5-5 on D like in Madden?
Old 09-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastexit
No, It wasn't you I checked my match history. It was gt xxohsosmoothxx. It was a goal line set every play. I think you're right though about the MLB or the SS being player controlled. It's the only thing I can figure out to do. I don't like doing that cause you can get burned big by one PA fake. But 400+ yards on the ground is burning enough.

Nice to know you'd stay sim though unlike this cat. I do to. I didn't start calling punt block and stuff until the game was basically over. I run all the time, but never out of goal line unless I'm on the actual goal line.

This Wisconsin thing is driving me nuts though. I played them again and the guy at least used heavy Ace sets, but it was still really difficult for me to stop.

I dropped the 4-3-5 scheme and went to the multiple pb on D. Maybe that will help.

Is there a team out there that has the 1-5-5 on D like in Madden?
Dude all you have to do is jump in 44 split
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 04:27 PM   #12
Rookie

Agreed, 4-4 and 4-6 is where it's at. Although I think I'd have a hard time stopping my own offense. My offensive game is super tight right now, I have to admit. Wisconsin is a great team but people are on to it now. It takes me multiple times before someone actually agrees to play me and my record is barely over .500 - Bottom line, outside of glitches there is always multiple defensive plays that will work well against another offensive play. It all comes down to individual matchups and execution. If you are playing someone who is multi-dimesional and good - you wanna pull your hair out and it does feel cheesy because you can't stop it and losing sucks. That said, there hasn't been one situation where a guy used the same money formation or play and I wasn't able to figure out something to neutralize it before the end of the game. Practice, practice, practice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »