Home

The "Standard" Helmet has got to go

This is a discussion on The "Standard" Helmet has got to go within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2010, 04:15 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: The "Standard" Helmet has got to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
my complaint with the revolution helmets is that it makes them look like the bottom of the helmet is sitting on the shoulder pads and the guys have NO neck. Makes them look like they ran into a wall full force and jammed their necks. The only mask that looks good is the Revolution with the skill facemask, and then decrease shoulder pad height to around 15 or 20 (I am an equipment FREAK).
Man even the revolution skill facemask is proportioned wrong. Its sits a tad low from a profile view and the bottom is too wide from the front view. Looks crazy.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:32 AM   #18
Banned

Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Well, I have no experience with computer graphics/computer artwork (is that what its called?), but for anyone that has any type of experience with this, could you inform us of what it is that might make this area of the game hard to get right?

From an outside looking in perspective, it seems like this would be fairly easy to do.

I would suggest just leaving the body/equipment editing open so that the user has complete access to it. Similar to Hajim no ippo victorious boxers. If you're not familiar, its a Japanese boxing title that has an editor that is just wild. Its so deep that you'll be like **** it, I'm cool, I dont even wanna mess with this anymore. Thats how deep the body editor is in that title.

I think its better to have it and not use it, than to want to use it and not have it ya know. X axis, Y axis the works, and let us manipulate it. That way, we can rearrange the facemasks, arm length, legs, etc. Problem solved. No more folks protesting about dreads, facemasks, etc.

I'm imagining if I was one of the devs, I would be about tired of folks like us hollerin about ****. I'd be like, damn here's your ****ing editor shut up and do what you will, lol. I'd have done that a looooong time ago, lol.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:25 AM   #19
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209vaughn
Disagree. I think the got the Revo's spot on to there real life counterpart.

I agree with OP, I always change the guys helmets who have those. Also, whats up with CPU dynasty's always having RB's with jersey numbers in the 40's?
seriously? Look, real life

and NCAA 11

Look how the top of face mask is around ponders mouth, when it should be around/over his nose. The face masks are just too far down, and it's been like this forever, and EA clearly has no intention of ever fixing it.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

Last edited by dan_457; 09-22-2010 at 05:27 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #20
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Man even the revolution skill facemask is proportioned wrong. Its sits a tad low from a profile view and the bottom is too wide from the front view. Looks crazy.
the worse looking one is the normal mask that shows when you switch to the revolution helmet. The qb one looks hilarious too. I am just sayin of the masks available on the game, the skill is about the only one I will use, unless I am using full cage for a lineman.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #21
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhm_williams

Clearly there is a line in the middle of the helmet. NCAA might exaggerate it but it is clearly there
I know what they are trying to do, but im sure if you did the conversions, the NCAA version sticks up about an inch lol. looks like there is a garden hose under that ridge. It looks ridiculous and needs to be fixed.

EDIT: ***This thread is about the ridiculousness of the Standard Helmet. Take the revo argument somewhere else please***
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209vaughn
Disagree. I think the got the Revo's spot on to there real life counterpart.

I agree with OP, I always change the guys helmets who have those. Also, whats up with CPU dynasty's always having RB's with jersey numbers in the 40's?

I hate that....Once the CPU starts to generate recruits...They are assigned NFL Position numbers....ex...WR always are in the 80's...RBs are always 30-49-ish...LBs all 50's etc etc....
Old 09-22-2010, 03:50 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
I know what they are trying to do, but im sure if you did the conversions, the NCAA version sticks up about an inch lol. looks like there is a garden hose under that ridge. It looks ridiculous and needs to be fixed.

EDIT: ***This thread is about the ridiculousness of the Standard Helmet. Take the revo argument somewhere else please***
Come on mayne dont be selfish, lol. Might as well utilize the thread to compile discrepancies on helmets and facemasks in general. Its all the same. Hey, if you feel that strongly about it though guess thats cool. Lead em herehttp://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/442706-can-i-get-witness-please.html use this one for any and all helmet/facemask discrepancies.

Its in the Madden forum right now. I'll modify it and bring it over here soon if need be.

Last edited by TheCreep; 09-22-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:26 PM   #24
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3

um almost all my players use the standard helmet and it doesnt stick out an inch in the game.

which makes me wonder why have all these helmets if recruits dont have random helmets for their position. i love the revo speed for LB's and RB's and always change them, but why should i have to change them... why dont they auto generate with random helmets

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »