Home

What's the longest you went before a conference invite?

This is a discussion on What's the longest you went before a conference invite? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2010, 09:14 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: What's the longest you went before a conference invite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
Is it confirmed that you cannot take a team from the BE or ACC and get them into the B10 or SEC?
Don't know from experience, but Adam said once the only BCS conference that you would still get invites is the Big East. The other 5 you won't. Only way around that is to get a team demoted from the ACC, and then maybe you could try to get invited to a different one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2010, 10:52 PM   #26
Rookie

Cornwallus's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm in year 7 of my Wyoming dynasty. 6 star prestige and 2 National champs. Still no invite. I'm beginning to wonder if certain teams, no matter what they do, will not get an invite
Old 09-27-2010, 04:29 AM   #27
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

i wasn't aware that teams got invited to other conferences. i definitely wasn't aware that a team could get kicked out of a conference. learn something new everyday. have any prominent schools gotten the boot?

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:43 AM   #28
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
i wasn't aware that teams got invited to other conferences. i definitely wasn't aware that a team could get kicked out of a conference. learn something new everyday. have any prominent schools gotten the boot?
Temple got kicked out of the Big East in 2004, cant think of any others though. It can really only happen in leagues where their are teams who are only members of the league in one sport, like Temple was for football... Most football schools are members of conferences in all sports, so the lack of being competitive in one sport is usually made up in another (Duke)

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 09-27-2010, 12:07 PM   #29
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I was totally unaware that teams could get invited to other Conferences, this is a nice elimate to Dynasty mode, I've never been invited to another Conference in any version of NCAA,but its cool to hear it happens. Has anybody been offered a new coaching job from bigger schools, from say like Texas or Bamma?.....I'm currently in my 1st year with Marshall, I plan on staying there for 3 or 4 years before considering a jump to another team in a stronger conference.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:26 PM   #30
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
I was totally unaware that teams could get invited to other Conferences, this is a nice elimate to Dynasty mode, I've never been invited to another Conference in any version of NCAA,but its cool to hear it happens. Has anybody been offered a new coaching job from bigger schools, from say like Texas or Bamma?.....I'm currently in my 1st year with Marshall, I plan on staying there for 3 or 4 years before considering a jump to another team in a stronger conference.
If your having good years, job offers should come after each season. Only problem I have with it, is the offers only seem to come from already established teams who would be VERY unlikely to make a coaching change, instead of from big conference programs that DO need to make a change.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 09-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #31
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
If your having good years, job offers should come after each season. Only problem I have with it, is the offers only seem to come from already established teams who would be VERY unlikely to make a coaching change, instead of from big conference programs that DO need to make a change.

+1

its nonsence that I'll coach up North Texas and get an offer from Oklahoma who has had a bunch of 10 win seasons in a row. Although you could always assume the coach your replacing "retired"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #32
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm just finishing up the 4th season at UAB and I'm hoping to get an invite into the SEC. I've lost 5 games in 4 years, but have gone undefeated the last two. By scheduling SEC teams in my OOC games I get my strength of schedule up to a B or B-. In year 4 I played in a BCS game and beat Auburn in OT by going for 2 like Boise St against OK, and in my current year I'm playing for a NC against Penn St (I think, sorry I'm work and can't remember).

Also, in the past you have been able to leave your job and find another outside of those few that are offered. Have they removed this option? I didn't try it last year so it may be something that has been gone this whole gen of games. But I remember that was something I did a ton before.

So IF I manage to win the NC this year, I'm really hoping to jump up to the SEC from C-USA. I've got my team rankings up to B- on Offense and a B on defense and I'm only losing 3 starters for next season so those rating SHOULD go up some.

Last edited by Frost33; 09-27-2010 at 02:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »