Home

CPU Offensive/Defensive Aggressiveness

This is a discussion on CPU Offensive/Defensive Aggressiveness within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5
CPU Offensive/Defensive Aggressiveness

Recently, I've been having a lot of success boosting the CPU run game by roughly halving the CPU's Offensive Run/Pass Aggressiveness (along with my long trip to custom sliders that I now love). I'm sure this isn't a new idea to anyone. I've been creating a new coach for each team I play in dynasty, then deleting them afterwards, which actually leads to my question.

I have noticed that you can permanently change a team's tendencies, and they'll stick, I was wondering if anyone has done this, and how it effects SIM stats. Does it throw them totally out of wack, with massive running totals? I'm thinking it may help counteract some of the ungodly passing stats I'm seeing in dynasty, but was wondering if anyone else had already checked it out.

Also, I was curious if anyone had tried lowering the DEFENSIVE aggressiveness? I'm wondering if it will help tone down some of the over the top blitzes I see from the AI. I can't count how many times I've burned them for big yards because the sent the house. Again, also wondering if anyone has labbed sim stats for this.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: CPU Offensive/Defensive Aggressiveness

No team should have a Def Agg above 35.

If you adjust your Coaching Sliders in this way you will see far fewer blitzes on 1st and 2nd downs.

The CPU still tends to be random in their blitzes on 3rd downs.

This has been tested extensively in the Sliders section of this forum.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

Awesome, I'll go check that out. Apologies if I put this in the wrong spot, I mostly lurk here, and wasn't sure if it should go in the sliders forum or not. Is there a specific threat I should check out?
Old 09-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

Look here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-sliders.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »