Home

Please no. Not again. Rubber band tactics?

This is a discussion on Please no. Not again. Rubber band tactics? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2010, 05:09 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Please no. Not again. Rubber band tactics?

i'm just gonna throw it out there that AA is the difficulty that is designed to give no advantage to either the user or CPU, so by playing on Varsity you are dumbing down the computer, but if anything it has to be play style as opposed to Difficulty, because i've tried the varsity sliders for "sim games" and sorry on varsity difficulty its far from sim for me its impossible to lose on varsity. i think you should definately go to AA with the right slider set and as for the jack rabbit LBs don't abuse slant routes and you'll rarely ever see it.

Last edited by Headtrip325; 09-27-2010 at 05:09 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-27-2010, 10:09 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headtrip325
i'm just gonna throw it out there that AA is the difficulty that is designed to give no advantage to either the user or CPU, so by playing on Varsity you are dumbing down the computer, but if anything it has to be play style as opposed to Difficulty, because i've tried the varsity sliders for "sim games" and sorry on varsity difficulty its far from sim for me its impossible to lose on varsity. i think you should definately go to AA with the right slider set and as for the jack rabbit LBs don't abuse slant routes and you'll rarely ever see it.
Ehhhh, I'm debating on if I should try AA again and just drastically lower the sliders in specific areas. I think I would definitely have to lower pass coverage from 60 to maybe 50 or 45 if I switch to AA.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:07 AM   #19
Im Only Kidding..

King10Sooted's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Ehhhh, I'm debating on if I should try AA again and just drastically lower the sliders in specific areas. I think I would definitely have to lower pass coverage from 60 to maybe 50 or 45 if I switch to AA.
I defiantly say give AA a try. You can always mess with some sliders till you get the game to play the way you want. I am constantly tweaking the sliders in my dynasty to keep the game realistic and challenging.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

I've played 100+ games on AA and can definitively say that I have not experienced any rubber banding. In my latest season, I crushed all but one team who only stuck around in the game because I SuperSimmed most of it.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #21
Banned

Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Switched over to AA for a game, and I must say It felt alot better. Playing on varsity, ALL my scores for some odd reason no matter who I played were around 14-7, or 17-14. As I stated previously, that was against even the A+ teams with me using Eastern Michigan.

First game on AA using Eastern Michigan against Toledo played out much more realistic. This time I won the game 36-19. I usually dont like seeing my scores go above 28 but this game didn't feel crippled for or against myself/CPU. The outcome was pretty smooth and believable.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to play a couple more games and I'll post results to confirm if I'll be using this level permanently. Once again, thanks for the suggestions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 08:03 AM   #22
Banned

Ok. I'll go ahead and confirm it off of my second game on AA. This level seems to be the way to go. Just lost to NIU 28-3, as I expected the outcome should be. No strange rubber band feeling at all.

I'm good to go now. Appreciate it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »