Home

Solid Playing Time/Formation Subs Question

This is a discussion on Solid Playing Time/Formation Subs Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Solid Playing Time/Formation Subs Question

Hey guys, I have a question about the solid playing time promise and formation subs. I've been searching around here but I'm not sure if I've seen this question answered yet. I have a 3* T that I managed to lure away from another school, but he's only a 55 or so. I had to use the promise to land him, but he isn't really starting material, even on my terrible offensive line (I play as Army, and the entire offensive line graduated after the 1st season, ugh). I was thinking of having him as #1 on the depth chart, but using the formation subs to keep him out of most plays. Do you guys think this would work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Solid Playing Time/Formation Subs Question

if you're gonna do that just leave him #2 and make sure to sub him in on some formations, particularly special teams, put him on the field for FG's and maybe on some screen passes or something where a TE would normally pull out with the T and G set him to the TE position in that formation for the screen so you have two T and a G leading the screen instead of a T, G and TE just some suggestions
Old 09-27-2010, 05:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Leaving him at #1 on the depth chart should satisfy the promise, even if you sub him out in most formations

It seemed to work for me atleast.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headtrip325
if you're gonna do that just leave him #2 and make sure to sub him in on some formations, particularly special teams, put him on the field for FG's and maybe on some screen passes or something where a TE would normally pull out with the T and G set him to the TE position in that formation for the screen so you have two T and a G leading the screen instead of a T, G and TE just some suggestions
From what I've read though, the solid playing time only works if he is #1 on the depth chart.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

well just set him as #1 on the depth chart and just form sub him to special teams only, not to mention i threw that screen thing out there because thats what i do for my HB slip screen and they are solid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekim21
Leaving him at #1 on the depth chart should satisfy the promise, even if you sub him out in most formations

It seemed to work for me atleast.
Thanks man, I'll give it a shot
Old 09-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headtrip325
well just set him as #1 on the depth chart and just form sub him to special teams only, not to mention i threw that screen thing out there because thats what i do for my HB slip screen and they are solid.
Yeah I love slip screens so maybe I'll do that, thanks man
Old 09-27-2010, 06:30 PM   #8
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Which begs the next question, do they have to be #1 on the depth chart from the beginning of the season to get that solid playing time? I'm into week 4 now. Is it too late to move them up to #1 now to fulfill the promise?

And while we're on the subject, I guess promises won't show as kept until the end of the season? I've got several guys with the "no red shirt" promise who have played and have stats yet it still shows that promise as pending.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »