Home

Another example of broken BCS logic

This is a discussion on Another example of broken BCS logic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2010, 01:46 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Another example of broken BCS logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Ohio State starts at #2, so if they finish undefeated, they are not going to drop. Same with Alabama starting at #1. Those two teams came into the season #1 and #2, both went on without a loss, so neither should change.
I ran a Miami dynasty where we were preseason #1 four straight years. I went undefeated all 4 season with an A+ schedule and finsihed 3rd or 4th in the bcs. One year i think bama actually went undefeated and finished 3rd despite being preseason #2 so I dont think conference prestige has anything to do with it. I know the BCS is flawed in real life but C'MON MAN! This would never happen in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 02:48 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm in my 6th year of my offline dynasty, and have one the NT twice. The following seasons I was ranked #1 at the beginning of the season, ran the table, and in both seasons I wound up being ranked 4th and 5th respectively. Teams jumped me that had one loss. Now I purposely schedule teams ranked in the top 5 so I have a chance of being 1st by seasons end. I play as Oklahoma, by the way.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I just got a bowl bid that I didn't expect, I'm no expert with the BCS and bowl bids, but I'm pretty sure this wouldn't hapen in real life. The BCS rankings look like this
1.Michigan
2.Alabama
3.South Florida
4.Nebraska
5.Oklahoma
6.Oregon
7.USC
8.Boston College
9.Texas A&M
10.Texas
11.Ohio State
12.Penn State
13.SDSU

Obviously 1 and 2 played in the National Title game, then 3-8 all got BCS bowl bids, I'm using SDSU and we get a bid to play in the Orange Bowl over the teams ranked 9-12. I didn't win an automatic bid conference, shouldn't one of the teams ahead of me have gotten my spot in the Orange Bowl?
Old 10-09-2010, 10:25 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

yes a 9-12 ranked team should've had your BCS berth. i am assuming Boston College won the ACC, as they are the only ACC team in the top 12. if not, then your #13 ranked SDSU would be ranked ahead of the ACC Champion and under RL rules, the BCS would be mandated to give you a bowl berth.

the RL rules for mid-majors are

Top 12 finish = automatic BCS bowl berth.
#13 thru #16 = BCS bowl berth only if the mid major is ranked ahead of a BCS Conference Champion.

these rules only allow one mid-major team in. of course any mid major finishing in the top 7/8 will get BCS bowl bids, and there is no limit on the number of mid-majors qualifying this way (like last season with #4 TCU and #6 Boise State)

i suspect that EA programmed it so that the highest ranked mid major qualifies for BCS bowl provided they are ranked in the top 25.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:55 AM   #29
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
My dynasty final top 3 standings after conference championships:

1. Alabama 13-0 (CPU)
2. Ohio St 12-0 (CPU)
3. Texas 13-0 (USER)

Ranked teams OSU beat vs. final rankings: #24 Penn St (8-4)

Ranked teams Texas beat vs. final rankings: #10 Nebraska (10-2), at #7 Texas A&M (11-1), #22 Baylor (9-3), #19 USF (9-3)

Anyone want to try and make sense of this one?

Like everyone before me... that's the BCS... were all those teams ranked when you played them?

Last edited by JerzeyReign; 10-09-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

i'm pretty sure pre-season OSU has alot harder schedule than what yours turned out to be because irl only teams on texas schedule that were ranked at the start were OU and Nebraska IIRC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »