Home

NCAA's exclusivity ends in a year or two according to wiki

This is a discussion on NCAA's exclusivity ends in a year or two according to wiki within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #9
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NCAA's exclusivity ends in a year or two according to wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCC2USC
2k would happily take over the rights & give us the best CFB of all-time.
Why do you think they would give us the best CFB of all-time? NCAA Football blew other games away before the deal, including 2k. And other companies stopped making college football games even before the deal took place, because NCAA football was that much better and had the market.

Do you know someone at 2k to support your claim that they would happily take over the rights?
Old 09-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I want 2k to try and make a game for a few reasons.

1) Competition always brings the best out of both games.

2) I love 2k football and I think that they could do a great job.

3) I want options. If 2k is better, I;ll go with 2k's game. If EA's is better, I'll go with EA's. I just want to have options when choosing my video games, and right now, I don't have any in the football department.

― Plato
Old 09-28-2010, 10:36 PM   #11
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I want 2k to try and make a game for a few reasons.

1) Competition always brings the best out of both games.

2) I love 2k football and I think that they could do a great job.

3) I want options. If 2k is better, I;ll go with 2k's game. If EA's is better, I'll go with EA's. I just want to have options when choosing my video games, and right now, I don't have any in the football department.
I agree with competition. But people are living in a fantasy world if they think 2k or any other company is going to deliver a game on par with NCAA football right away IF the deal ends.

Hopefully 2k does make a college football game, but I just don't see it getting the sales to justify them continuing the series. I hope I'm wrong, because competition is the best thing for us consumers.

It's all about the sales. 2k and other companies will focus more on the NFL whenever and if that deal ends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

2k has always beaten EA in the presentation department. They also usually have solid gameplay, or at least I feel they do. Their career modes are always great too.

If 2k were to put out a game this next year, it would most likely be lacking in authentic stadiums, online features, and possibly other authentic features.

For all we know they could have been working behind the scenes by polishing 2k8's gameplay and adding Choops dynasty mode to the game. If that were the case, then they would really only be lacking in stadiums if they lived up to the quality of their other games.

― Plato
Old 09-28-2010, 10:48 PM   #13
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
2k has always beaten EA in the presentation department. They also usually have solid gameplay, or at least I feel they do. Their career modes are always great too.

If 2k were to put out a game this next year, it would most likely be lacking in authentic stadiums, online features, and possibly other authentic features.

For all we know they could have been working behind the scenes by polishing 2k8's gameplay and adding Choops dynasty mode to the game. If that were the case, then they would really only be lacking in stadiums if they lived up to the quality of their other games.
This is just not true. The 2k college football series was garbage, which is why they stopped making it in the first place, not because of the deal.

I'm not bashing 2k by any means. I just have to laugh at the delusional people who think 2k will put out the greatest CFB game of all time, just because they are 2k. I think 2k can make a quality college football game, one that can be better then NCAA football after a couple cycles. I would love a 2k college football game with the presentation of ESPN 2k5 and the dynasty of college hoops 2k8. I would divorce my wife if that happened.

The only problem is I really doubt even if they attempt to make a college football game it lasts enough cycles to get to that point where they knock it out of park. It all depends on the sales.

Right now I have more faith in the EA NCAA franchise then another company making a quality college football game.

Last edited by Buckeyes_Doc; 09-28-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:01 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

The dev team that used to make the NCAAFB 2k games isn't even associated with 2k anymore. If there was an NCAAFB 2k12, it would most likely take people from the old 2k5 and 2k8 teams and take some people from their other games like NBA, NHL, MLB.

I think 2k is planning something, I just don't know what it is. Its kind of fishy that they have formed a new development team, but no one knows what it is, they have sold part of their company to save money for this new team, and they are using money from Red Dead, GTA, etc. I believe for 2k Sports too.

― Plato
Old 09-28-2010, 11:01 PM   #15
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
This is just not true. The 2k college football series was garbage, which is why they stopped making it in the first place, not because of the deal.

I'm not bashing 2k by any means, I think 2k can make a quality college football game, one that can be better then NCAA football after a couple cycles. I would love a 2k college football game with the presentation of ESPN 2k5 and the dynasty of college hoops 2k8. I would divorce my wife if that happened.

The only problem is I really doubt even if they attempt to make a college football game it lasts enough cycles to get to that point where they knock it out of park. It all depends on the sales.

Right now I have more faith in the EA NCAA franchise then another company making a quality college football game.
Not true. They stopped making it because they had to pull developers from that series to help then NFL series. No coincidence that when they stopped developing NCAA2K, the NFL2K series took off. In this case, it would be the same developers who are worked on NFL2K5/APF2K8 that would be working on the college game. I think alot of people would agree that those games have superior gameplay than EA games right now.

Besides, it's crazy to compare a game that came out in 2003 to a game that is coming out in 2011 or 2012. NCAA2K3 used the NFL2K2 engine which was ported over from the Dreamcast.

Likewise, its not about not having faith in EA's NCAA Football series. It's about having competition. That would make EA football better too.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa

Last edited by Rocky; 09-28-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 11:14 PM   #16
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc

I think 2k can make a quality college football game, one that can be better then NCAA football after a couple cycles. I would love a 2k college football game with the presentation of ESPN 2k5 and the dynasty of college hoops 2k8.

This is how I feel as well. IMO, people are thinking about this situation with their hearts, and not their heads.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »