Home

A gripe about commentary

This is a discussion on A gripe about commentary within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: A gripe about commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwink31
My favorite (not verbatim) is after a win, Herbie says something about the score surprised him, He thought the two teams were very closly matched.

Not a terrible line when Michigan State plays Michigan (those two teams have almost the exact same overall ratings), but when Michigan State plays FCS, I don't expect to hear that comment. An 86 overall, is not close to a 60ish FCS team.
Yeah, like when my A+ Alabama beats a D+ Syracuse by 45. I actually find myself thinking less of real Herbie even though I know that's not really him with that opinion.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #10
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashamael
Yeah, like when my A+ Alabama beats a D+ Syracuse by 45. I actually find myself thinking less of real Herbie even though I know that's not really him with that opinion.
I was thinking that the other day too. How the terribly inappropriate comments make Herbie and Brad look, even though it's not really them.

Last edited by Bullet Sponge; 09-28-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:40 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I heard one today where I completed a pass for 3 yards and Brad goes "no gain on the play!"...as I come to the line, he says something like "well let's see what they do after that three four yard gain (even though the stat above the overlay says 3 yards)". Amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 10:20 PM   #12
Banned

volsfan74's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I completely agree. Commentary adds so much to a game. And like gameplay, we want it to be realistic and 'sim like'. EA needs to take a look at the way 2k handles commentary in their NBA games. It's so fluid and the things they say are actually things that you would hear in real life.
I agree 100 %. Whenever I play 2k10 in conjunction with NBA Today, I feel like the commentators are in the same room with me. I wish EA could make wholesale changes to the commentary.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

EA should be embarrassed with their commentary. They should really be embarrassed by their presentation package altogether. The ESPN presentation this year was a nice step, but was never fully put into the game and feel lacking. Imagine if EA could hit this level...

http://community.2ksports.com/community/insights/

― Plato
Old 09-28-2010, 11:17 PM   #14
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
EA should be embarrassed with their commentary. They should really be embarrassed by their presentation package altogether. The ESPN presentation this year was a nice step, but was never fully put into the game and feel lacking. Imagine if EA could hit this level...

http://community.2ksports.com/community/insights/
So yeah, That makes NCAA 11's already terribad commentary, and makes it look even worse. When you compare EA to 2K in terms of presentation, it's like EA's doesn't even try, they're just punching the clock while 2k is striving for something great.

Wouldn't it be great to actually hear something along the lines of " *Inset Team's* QB is coming of a great game against *Insert Team*, where he had over 200 passing yards and over 100 rushing" Or if they'd actually acknowledge the heisman winner during the bowl games. Dynamic commentary is really whats missing, without it there's a disconnect between what has happened, what's happening now, and what will happen, and it just makes the games commentary completely uncompelling.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 10-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #15
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

I gotta post these as I hear them lol. Last night I heard a couple that had me laughing.

The opposing team's offense came out after I scored and kicked off to them. Despite the fact that they had not scored yet, Kirk announced they had scored on their last two drives and were looking for another...

Then later with about 30 seconds to play in the game, and trailing, the computer called hurry up and Kirk announced "he knew we'd see the hurry up offense from these guys at some point".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #16
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I find myself quoting their lines right along with them during the game. Been hearing the same stuff for nearly 10 years now. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz........

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »