Home

WOW, just lost to Bowling Green(0-2) 45-13!!!

This is a discussion on WOW, just lost to Bowling Green(0-2) 45-13!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
Rookie

bigmike20000's Arena

OVR: 9
WOW, just lost to Bowling Green(0-2) 45-13!!!

using Northern Illinois(3-0), in my third year of dynasty, i had just beat a decent Illinois team. they were a C- across the board and i am a C across the board. i admit my team isn't great but i've never lost that bad even to a good team. starting tailback went out for the game after his second carry, 12 dropped passes, 5 fumbles, 2 ints, sacked 8 times, my two QB's were 15-40 combined. BGSU Qb's started the game 21-23, because of their hurry up spread their WR's were matched on my LB's all game, and they were still in the spread throwing the ball with under two minutes left. just had to get that off my chest and now i can move on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: WOW, just lost to Bowling Green(0-2) 45-13!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike20000
using Northern Illinois(3-0), in my third year of dynasty, i had just beat a decent Illinois team. they were a C- across the board and i am a C across the board. i admit my team isn't great but i've never lost that bad even to a good team. starting tailback went out for the game after his second carry, 12 dropped passes, 5 fumbles, 2 ints, sacked 8 times, my two QB's were 15-40 combined. BGSU Qb's started the game 21-23, because of their hurry up spread their WR's were matched on my LB's all game, and they were still in the spread throwing the ball with under two minutes left. just had to get that off my chest and now i can move on
which difficulty were you playing on? Sometimes, there are games, that right after the first series, I know I am going to lose.....either my team is running the opposite way of the ball on D or my QB throws nowhere near the receivers....its too hard beating teams one dimensionally when your QB consistently missing wide open receivers...
Old 09-29-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
Rookie

bigmike20000's Arena

OVR: 9

all-american, what really sucked though was it was 14-7 at halftime, and the first INT was my fault so i didn't feel that bad except that i couldn't stop them from getting into the redzone. what sucks even more was that four of the drops were in the endzone or going into the endzone and the one touchdown pass i did throw should have never been, oh and i forgot to mention in my OP that the CPU had 11 broken tackles by RB's to my 1, WHATEVER i'm over it, I GUESS
Old 09-29-2010, 07:11 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike20000
all-american, what really sucked though was it was 14-7 at halftime, and the first INT was my fault so i didn't feel that bad except that i couldn't stop them from getting into the redzone. what sucks even more was that four of the drops were in the endzone or going into the endzone and the one touchdown pass i did throw should have never been, oh and i forgot to mention in my OP that the CPU had 11 broken tackles by RB's to my 1, WHATEVER i'm over it, I GUESS
yep...sometimes the game just seems to have to beat you. I mean I am all for losing sometimes, but when there is a combo of the O line not blocking, QB wildly throwing off target and the D not covering anyone or being able to tacke? It gets out of control.....

Funny thing is...the few times its happened, its always been against garbage teams. I am more worried now when I have to play New Mexico state then when I play Alabama....
Old 09-29-2010, 08:36 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

I've had this happen a couple times, too. It just feels weird, like everything that can possibly go wrong for you will, and everything that can go right for them will.

I'm on AA with very slightly adjusted sliders (same for both HUM and CPU) in order to see more defensive contents.

As Michigan I started out dominant, beating UConn 41-7. Then at Notre Dame 24-13. Nothing weird so far. Next week 77-0 against FCS East in which I started chewing the clock in the 2nd quarter and had mass subs in at the half...

That's when Bowling Green came up on the schedule. I was getting beat the whole game, despite controlling the clock. Turnovers were the problem, and random bad throws. I trailed 20-17 in the 4th before tying with a FG and eventually winning the game on another FG as time expired, 23-20 (surprisingly not a "classic" game).

Anyway, very next game was against Indiana in Big10 play, winning on the road easily 46-17. Followed that up with a home game against Michigan State that just ticked me off. I finished 14-29 passing after countless bad throws, 5 turnovers in all (3 lost fumbles). MSU QB was 12-13 passing in the 1st half, finishing 17-20 for the game. NOTHING worked, I was 0-7 on 3rd down, they were 10-14. They couldn't be stopped and I couldn't be started (haha). Lost at home 34-16.

So it's like wow what happened there? Very next week I knock off #2 Iowa then go into Happy Valley after a bye and slap around Penn State 63-24... I still have no idea what happened in the MSU game (or Bowling Green really). Unfortunately PSU broke Denards Ribs and he'll miss 10 weeks. It's like a momentum thing, MSU scored on their first drive and just rode the momentum the rest of the way, the turnovers are what made me so mad. It wasn't poor decision making, it was just bad passes without any defensive pressure, randomly dropped passes without being hit, and fumbles that occur while not attempting any moves.

This was a long post, but to summarize, I agree
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »