Home

Gotten to the point where my team is to good.

This is a discussion on Gotten to the point where my team is to good. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Gotten to the point where my team is to good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
There is only one half decent team on that list. I would be bored out of my mind playing those games in my Michigan dynasty.

My current 4 ooc games were Notre Dame, Georgia, Tennessee and Cal. It keeps it fun and fresh. Plus Heisman recruiting prevents you from landing a ton of great players. That is hard but fun as well.
Well considering Nevada is undefeated and last I checked, ranked. And UCLA is at least a half way decent team, I'd say there's two.

In real life I don't see Michigan taking on as tough a NCS as you have there, but I understand the game is much easier.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:01 PM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I agree that his OOC schedule is too weak, but yours gives you an advantage as well. With all of those powerhouse teams your S.O.S. will be really high so you'll get the nod for great bowl bids and probably the BCS bid because of it. If there's an 11-1 Florida and an 11-1 Michigan, Michigan should be ranked higher because you've stacked your schedule.
Isn't that the point though? If I can run beat those teams and take the risk in playing them, I deserve that nod. Last year I went 11-1 in the regular season and I was 3-0 until I blew a lead @ LSU in game four and lost by less than a TD. That cost me a shot at the national championship. This year I won all 4 games and it shot me to #1. I'd say I earned that right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
Well considering Nevada is undefeated and last I checked, ranked. And UCLA is at least a half way decent team, I'd say there's two.

In real life I don't see Michigan taking on as tough a NCS as you have there, but I understand the game is much easier.
But Nevada in year three of NCAA 11 is probably unranked and a cupcake. And my schedule is completely unrealistic. No head coach would take on those risks. I do it for fun.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #19
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
But Nevada in year three of NCAA 11 is probably unranked and a cupcake. And my schedule is completely unrealistic. No head coach would take on those risks. I do it for fun.
UCLA and Nevada are no where close to the top 25.
I am rated #5.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:47 PM   #20
Rookie

dizturbdazhole's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
Preseason? This is the college football forum right? No such thing as preseason in college football. There called non-conference games and they count towards your record just as much as the conference games.

Did you just get into college football?
In Nebraska many fans refer to this part of the schedule as the pre-season for several reasons:

A: We play all of our non-conference opponents up front, so there is a feeling of having warm up games (no late opponents like many other FBS teams).
B: Up until recently, scheduling a "home and away" highly ranked opponent was difficult because eveyone is scared of The Sea of Red. Just ask Lou Holtz, who openly refused to play AT Nebraska.
C: Why the hell are you upset at his reference to non-conference play as pre-season when his thread title includes the word "GOTTEN"?

Last edited by dizturbdazhole; 10-04-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: left out a much needed word for grammatical clarity
Old 10-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizturbdazhole
In Nebraska many fans refer to this part of the schedule as the pre-season for several reasons:

A: We play all of our non-conference opponents up front, so there is a feeling of having warm up games (no late opponents like many other FBS teams).
B: Up until recently, scheduling a "home and away" highly ranked opponent was difficult because eveyone is scared of The Sea of Red. Just ask Lou Holtz, who openly refused to play AT Nebraska.
C: Why the hell are you upset at his reference to non-conference play as pre-season when his thread title includes the word "GOTTEN"?
LOL what the....Ok first off I didn't know I was upset? I was laughing as a wrote that post, I was laughing as I read yours. I was simply giving the guy a hard time because he should know better.

Also, no offense but I don't care what you call it in Nebraska, its not the preseason.

''Up until recently, scheduling a "home and away" highly ranked opponent was difficult because eveyone is scared of The Sea of Red. Just ask Lou Holtz, who openly refused to play AT Nebraska.''

Up until recently? There still playing a bunch of NC scrubs this year. That is one weak NCS. The only decent team was Washington.

I don't think anyone from the SEC is afraid of Nebraska, they'd probably be the 5th best team in the conference. Lou Holtz? That senile old man who used to coach ND way back when? Or was this when he was with USC 6 years ago...times have changed, this ain't Nebraska from the mid 90's there lucky to lose less than 3 games these days (in fact they haven't gone a season without losing at least 3 since 2001), that ain't sayin much.

Last edited by Johnny "Too Tall"; 10-04-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2010, 06:54 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 20

You didn't say anything about the results you're seeing with this amazing team of yours. Course of action is to win all your games and win them huge.

Like, rip off ....

66-3 W
58-0 W
70-7 W
77-0 W
42-3 W

Shoot for #1 offense and #1 defense.

Try to get all five of your offensive lineman onto the All-America team.

Try to get your whole flippin' team on the All-Conference First Team.

Etc.

Or just make your sliders harder.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #23
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

In my Michigan Dynasty, once Robinson, Forcier, and Gardner were gone, I transformed my offense back into the old traditional U of M offense with a pocket passer, awesome RB, and breakout star WR. I don't like messing with sliders either, so I just took out all the option plays because they make the game waaaay too easy.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:42 PM   #24
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizturbdazhole

gotten is perfectly acceptable this day and age.

better than tha and ur for certain.

buckle up, goNNa be a long ride.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »