Home

Anyone get that 'Special Player' yet who drives your team?

This is a discussion on Anyone get that 'Special Player' yet who drives your team? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
Pro

imdahman's Arena

OVR: 6
Anyone get that 'Special Player' yet who drives your team?

I have him; he's the reason Georgia Tech is in the 'Golden Age'. I recruited him and redshirted him and when he was finally ready he was immediately an impact player, All Freshman and the like. In his second year He broke the school record for season rushing yards and was ready to go to the draft AFTER HIS SOPHOMORE YEAR. I convinced him to stay another year.

In his Junior year he broke the Season Record HE JUST SET, then broke the School record for TDs in a season, the School Career rushing yds and School Career TDs. After his junior year he wanted to leave again and I thought I was going to lose him - but I talked him into staying.

Now, he's in his Senior year, and well on track to beat the NCAA record for Career Rushing Yards, and the NCAA Career TDs are doable; and I think he has the caliber to beat the NCAA Season TDs & Rushing Yards.

In his first two games in the Senior Year he ran for 256yds against Notre Dame, then 368yds against Western Iowa.

Yeah, he's totally unstoppable. Ahh Cedric Harris, I shall miss you when you go pro. No. 24 in your programs; no. 1 in my heart!

"The two most important days in your
life are the day you are born and the day
you find out why.”

- Mark Twain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #2
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Anyone get that 'Special Player' yet who drives your team?

Ive got a QB who transferred to me from another team, His last name is Brunnetti and this guy is a freaking beast. The crappy thing is only had him for a season but with his scrambling abilities and strong arm he took Army to their first BCS title Game!By far though the best QB I have played with in the game, all my WR are rated no higher than an 81 this guy I believe is rated 92 Overall and would have broken every NCAA record if Id had him as a freshman.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

368 yards rushing? Someone needs to up the difficulty!! I struggle to hit 100/130 on a weekly basis with Ryan Williams at Va Tech. He is a BEAST, and rated 99 overall on my dynasty. I am running SECelite's sliders....I love the challenge.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #4
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

I have a JR Cornerback who is dominant. He was a 3* recruit who immediately started in my secondary his freshman year. He is a shutdown corner. He got robbed of the Thrope last year, but this year i think he will win it. I'm not sure of his stats off the top of my head, but when the ball is thrown his way he always has great coverage. He is the center of my defense, it is great having a player who shuts down whatever half of the field he is on.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #5
Rookie

edwvu76's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
Ive got a QB who transferred to me from another team, His last name is Brunnetti and this guy is a freaking beast. The crappy thing is only had him for a season but with his scrambling abilities and strong arm he took Army to their first BCS title Game!By far though the best QB I have played with in the game, all my WR are rated no higher than an 81 this guy I believe is rated 92 Overall and would have broken every NCAA record if Id had him as a freshman.
Probably was Barry Brunetti from WVU!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #6
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwvu76
Probably was Barry Brunetti from WVU!!!

lol, yeah I did some research I'm not a huge college fan but yeah thats him, and he is a beast!!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #7
Pro

imdahman's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
368 yards rushing? Someone needs to up the difficulty!! I struggle to hit 100/130 on a weekly basis with Ryan Williams at Va Tech. He is a BEAST, and rated 99 overall on my dynasty. I am running SECelite's sliders....I love the challenge.
LOL, I double checked and it was actually 378 yards! Since then it's leveled off to around 130yds a game - so obviously I jinxed it talking about it here. Cedric Harris is also rated at 99 and every stat a HB needs he's pretty much in the high 90s and it's glorious!

I'm also playing with Playmaker's sliders which make the game very realistic. Don't get me wrong; I'm here bragging about my Dynasty now, but the year is 2024 and this is the first time I've had player like this on the Offensive side of the ball! In the past I've had some very, very solid defensive teams (I once had two impact corners who intercepted EVERYTHING; then another period with two impact safeties - oh man), and for the most part I'd say my defense was what my team was known for, but at the same time having a solid (but not overwhelming) offense.

Now though... oh man, I'm going to enjoy this! It's his last year so I gotta milk him for what I can. I need that NCAA career record, and I think I can do the NCAA TD & Rushing Yards records but they'll be tough.

Also, it helps that my OLine is the best it's EVER been and my sophomore QB Alvin Morgan is a fantastic scrambler which helped me get those HUGE yards with Harris in the first two games. He (my QB) actually went down in our 3rd game and he's been out with a strained achilles heel since. He's back now in Week 6.

Running the option with these two guys is amazing; if the Defense starts to come at my QB, I just option out to Harris; and if they cheat over to Harris I run right past them with Morgan.

AAAANNDDD I got another 5* HB as a freshman this year. I had to play him this year because I made him promises but next year I'm going to redshirt him and let him build up a bit - right now he's a 79.

I'm also hoping BAMA doesn't steal the damn 2 CBs & OLB I need for next year! c'mon guys!! My program is rated 6* too!!!

"The two most important days in your
life are the day you are born and the day
you find out why.”

- Mark Twain
Old 10-04-2010, 04:12 PM   #8
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

My redshirted senior QB at Tulano. He came in as a 2 star TE with great speed, throw accuracy, and throw power. Changed him to QB and redshirted him as fast as possible. He only has 79 overall right now, but has over 90 in almost every important stat. He has terrible AWR tough, thats the reason for the low OVR.
He is just like a new Michael Vick. Great at scrambling, strong arm, and incredible accuracy. He has been the only reason that my team have managed to win a couple of games the last years.
Terrible O-Line, useless runningbacks, wide receivers that drop everything, and a defence that makes me cheer everytime the other teams drive ends with only 3 points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »