Home

Help me because im a loser...

This is a discussion on Help me because im a loser... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Help me because im a loser...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
Actually Robinson is the first player in NCAA history to rush and pass for 200 yards twice in his career.
Big deal, he set a record, happens all the time. That doesn't make it unrealistic. Again, you seem to not be able to grasp the difference between unexpected and unrealistic......
Old 10-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #18
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
Big deal, he set a record, happens all the time. That doesn't make it unrealistic. Again, you seem to not be able to grasp the difference between unexpected and unrealistic......
A lot of things are considered unrealistic until they happen. Then they're unexpected.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
A lot of things are considered unrealistic until they happen. Then they're unexpected.
Right and QB's have been rushing for huge yards for years now, the fact that one ran for 200 and passed for 200 in a game twice in a season at this point would not be considered unrealistic. Somebody had already done it once, he was just the first to do it twice. How in hell would that be unrealistic?

Since you guys seem to have a lack of word comprehension I'll help you out.

Unrealistic:inappropriate to reality or fact.

A QB passing and rushing for 200 yards twice in one season is not inappropriate to reality. Unprecedented yes. A QB passing for 800 yards and rushing for 800 yards in a game is unrealistic.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #20
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
Right and QB's have been rushing for huge yards for years now, the fact that one ran for 200 and passed for 200 in a game twice in a season at this point would not be considered unrealistic. Somebody had already done it once, he was just the first to do it twice. How in hell would that be unrealistic?

Since you guys seem to have a lack of word comprehension I'll help you out.

Unrealistic:inappropriate to reality or fact.

A QB passing and rushing for 200 yards twice in one season is not inappropriate to reality. Unprecedented yes. A QB passing for 800 yards and rushing for 800 yards in a game is unrealistic.
There is no need to be a smart ***.

What is unrealistic in your dynasty stat wise?
Old 10-06-2010, 10:30 PM   #21
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't understand what's unrealistic in the game except for the stats. And you'd have to play every game to fix those.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 01:11 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
There is no need to be a smart ***.

What is unrealistic in your dynasty stat wise?
No offense, but seriously man? I already wrote it in one of my posts on the same page you were reading off of...

Rushing stats that in no way resemble what happens in real life college football is unrealistic. Half the Qb's in the league with % percentages below 50 percent is unrealistic.

I'll concede on the kickers simply because I haven't gone through there numbers enough to give a fair comparison to reality. As for the RB numbers and QB numbers--if you take a look at things like RB ypc, number of 20+ runs and QB passing %'s you would see that there laughably off from what happens. in real life.

While many of you seem to only care what is going on with your team, I on the other hand actually care just as much as whats going on around the league. The whole idea of building a great team is to compare it to other teams around the league . Sure I can get my team to have legitimate numbers but It doesn't matter much when the numbers are so screwed up around the league.

My original post was a two sentence statement that I would not bother recreating what's happened up to this point w/l wise between teams because the stats are so unrealistic is doesn't really matter. Simple as that. If you want to have at it. Quit jumpin my bones because I stated my position.

Last edited by Johnny "Too Tall"; 10-07-2010 at 01:36 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:33 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I don't understand what's unrealistic in the game except for the stats. And you'd have to play every game to fix those.

There are far too many unrealistic aspects in franchise mode regarding stats for me to try and recreate what has happened in the season up to this point.

That's the only thing I said was unrealistic. But honestly there are others. WR's with no elusiveness, rb's with all sorts of jacked up ratings, random people winning awards despite other people putting up far better numbers.

Ratings that don't matter in regards to the sim engine. Basically the sim engine is broke. I have no problem saying that. Here's an example: Everytime I sim a dynasty the RB for Arizona State average between 2.7-3.5 yards in a season. And his lucky to break one 20+ carry in a season. So far in real life the guy averaging 7.8 yards per carry and already has a 53 yard run. I could jack all his ratings up to 99 and he still wouldn't average that.

But anyways, just to see what kind of impact his Oline had in the equation I jacked all there rating up to 99. He now has the greatest oline in history. You'd think that would account for something. Nope. Still averaged 2.7 yards a carry... so basically your oline means nothing to the sim engine.

If you play all your games and don't care about numbers ( I mean, numbers are only what history is based off of--whose set records, whose won what, its all numbers) then go ahead and play on. I honestly envy you.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #24
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

It's simple to me. It's a game. I play it to have fun. There's no way I'm going to have fun playing every single game. I enjoy recruiting. I enjoy simming seasons just to see recruiting classes.

But again, it's a game. It's not real life. If the game works with those stats, then who really cares? It's not real life.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »