Home

A couple little things I miss in last gen NCAA

This is a discussion on A couple little things I miss in last gen NCAA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2010, 01:16 AM   #1
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
A couple little things I miss in last gen NCAA

These are small touches that made the game easier to administer that are missing from nextgen NCAA football (as far as I can tell)...

One is showing a team's ratings as you're working on your schedule(s). While doing custom schedules for your dynasty you have no idea what a team's rating is. If there's some way to quickly see this please tell me because I miss that. I know once the season starts you can see the matchups w/ ratings but it would be nice to know what strength of team you're scheduling before you commit to playing them.

The other is during your depth chart when you went to swap a player with another, lastgen would show you if the player you were going to use was already a starter at another position. So you wouldn't inadvertently put your starting outside linebacker as the starting middle linebacker etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 01:29 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: A couple little things I miss in last gen NCAA

Things from last gen I miss:

Custom Playbooks

Medical Redshirts

Dreads
Old 10-06-2010, 02:33 AM   #3
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

I second the dreads/longer hair and DEFINITELY medical redshirts.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

- off field issues (should be a rating)/suspensions only because it does happen quiet a bit in real life

- dreads/long hair options for sure

- ability to edit height/weight of ALL players in dynasty
Old 10-06-2010, 10:11 AM   #5

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

My two: Spring Game & Summer drills.

It helped make the off-season feel more like an off-season and perhaps with the Summer Drills, the extremely low recruit ratings that existed out of the box would make more sense.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy

It helped make the off-season feel more like an off-season and perhaps with the Summer Drills, the extremely low recruit ratings that existed out of the box would make more sense.

I agree. I cant remember exactly how it worked, but i do remember the Spring game would have "walk-ons" fill in, and some would be FREAKS, but then they would disappear afterwords.

They should incorporate and note some guys that will graduate early, so you can play some of your freshmen in the Spring game. and then ALL recruits should be available for the Summer Drills.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

This topic really reminded me just how much is left out of the current gen games.

Isn't this because the NCAA wanted to crack down on anything that could give it a bad image in the game? That's why things like tattoos, suspensions and the dreads were left out, correct?
Old 10-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy

I forgot about the summer drills, unless I'm thinking of something else. Preseason training was a quick way to turn around any program, especially the qb distance throw, that was an automatic 5 points every time. But then again, it also made it unrealistically easy to turn your school into a powerhouse so often I'd skip them unless I had a really weak position.

One of my favorite things to do on last gen was take an FCS program and add them as an independent, then recruit as many 2 star players as I could and train them relentlessly in the spring drills. Sometimes I'd go 3 or 4 years in a row of only recruiting and training, without playing a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »