Home

The Ultimate Spread/Read Option Guide

This is a discussion on The Ultimate Spread/Read Option Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2010, 09:20 PM   #17
Rookie

lccowboys's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The Ultimate Spread/Read Option Guide

nice video
NCAAB:West Virginia
MLB: Texas Rangers
Old 10-13-2010, 11:02 PM   #18
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Good write up. My only complaint is that slide protect only works on passing plays, so it doesn't matter if you slide protect on a zone run, the blocking will still stay the same.

If you slide protect on a PA Read play, the OLine will slide and it's effective for the handoff.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:36 PM   #19
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

thanks man. We all try

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 10-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #20
Rookie

lccowboys's Arena

If anybody wants to suggest playbooks that are good for spread option go ahead.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:10 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've been using Mississippi St. lately. I even have a lot of success in the non-flex shotgun formations (Y-trips & ace are my favorite non-flex). Some of the quick slants in different formations make baby Jesus cry, though, as they all slant in and you have to do some shenanigans to get it outside, and there aren't many bubble screen type plays... but I've got it down. I'm even having great success against B+ and A- defenses now, with an 86 spd 75 acc QB (my starter, who is 87/92, got hurt - and I haven't missed a beat).

I think the main thing people need to realize while running the spread option offense is that you won't march down the field and score every time. Just like in real football, you'll have to punt. But I've been having a blast this season.

Oregon is probably the best overall pure-spread playbook, though once you make adjustments to the strategies outlined at the beginning of the thread, Mississippi State works wonders. And the Bulldog Heavy formation is awesome (it's like the Gator Heavy formation in Florida). Wake is nice because you have a lot of under-center formations to run option with, but it doesn't have many flex shotgun formations. I haven't gone back and looked at Florida, Michigan or West Virginia's since I dedicated myself to the spread. I refuse to use Auburn's (I'm a 'Bama fan. I just can't in all good consciousness roll a 'Bama dynasty with an Auburn playbook). I know there are several other good ones out there, but Oregon or Miss. St are both insanely good pure-spread playbooks. Wake's the best combination option playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 07:38 PM   #22
Rookie

lccowboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashamael
I've been using Mississippi St. lately. I even have a lot of success in the non-flex shotgun formations (Y-trips & ace are my favorite non-flex). Some of the quick slants in different formations make baby Jesus cry, though, as they all slant in and you have to do some shenanigans to get it outside, and there aren't many bubble screen type plays... but I've got it down. I'm even having great success against B+ and A- defenses now, with an 86 spd 75 acc QB (my starter, who is 87/92, got hurt - and I haven't missed a beat).

I think the main thing people need to realize while running the spread option offense is that you won't march down the field and score every time. Just like in real football, you'll have to punt. But I've been having a blast this season.

Oregon is probably the best overall pure-spread playbook, though once you make adjustments to the strategies outlined at the beginning of the thread, Mississippi State works wonders. And the Bulldog Heavy formation is awesome (it's like the Gator Heavy formation in Florida). Wake is nice because you have a lot of under-center formations to run option with, but it doesn't have many flex shotgun formations. I haven't gone back and looked at Florida, Michigan or West Virginia's since I dedicated myself to the spread. I refuse to use Auburn's (I'm a 'Bama fan. I just can't in all good consciousness roll a 'Bama dynasty with an Auburn playbook). I know there are several other good ones out there, but Oregon or Miss. St are both insanely good pure-spread playbooks. Wake's the best combination option playbook.
Our experiences and strategies sound alike
Old 10-15-2010, 07:41 PM   #23
Pro

Very good writeup.

I always want to run a spread option but I never did know the responsibilities and reads.

I would be curious what kinds of plays that people who use this offense have for audibles.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:37 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
Very good writeup.

I always want to run a spread option but I never did know the responsibilities and reads.

I would be curious what kinds of plays that people who use this offense have for audibles.
sad thing is i haven't developed an audible list

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »