Home

Low Prestige Schools and Recruiting

This is a discussion on Low Prestige Schools and Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #9
Rookie

demondecs21's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Low Prestige Schools and Recruiting

Im in year 4 year with WKU and have a A rating as my program stability but everything else sucks pretty hard and yes it is hard recruiting with a small school and even mid majors in this game as far as transfers go i receive 2-3 tranfers from Kentucky and Louisville a year. I finished dead last in the nation in recuriting my first year, glad to say its gotten better.

One thing ive noticed is that if your school is in a state that doesnt have a power house in it (NOT calli, florida, etc) (something like kentucky)and if you beat the "strongest" / "best" or which ever school gets more recruits every year you can get people from that school fairly easy.

Hope it made sense.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

It helps if you recruit the state your school is in. You should at least have an A+ in proximity to school. And you should get a pipeline added to the total.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

when I started my dynasty, taking a team from the bottom up, I tried to make sure to have at least one good pitch. Thats why I chose Kentucky cause their conference prestige is an A+ and even if the recruit has a "low" rating on it, you can still get some good points out of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 09:39 PM   #12
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0

I started my latest dynasty at North Texas (a one * school) and my first recruiting year was pretty rough. I managed to get like 5 three star guys and a few two star guys. My 2nd year was better, I ended up getting a 4 star halfback and like ten 3 star guys. It helps to pick a school that is in a state like Texas, California, or Florida for starters, so you can always milk that Proximity To Home pitch with the in-state recruits. Also, just keep chipping away at guys. My 2nd year at North Texas I only ended up nabbing 1 four star guy, but I was in the top 5 of atleast 5 other 4 star guys and just couldn't close out. I feel like if I would have stuck around I would have been able to continue getting better recruits. I won the sun belt 2 years in a row and took them from a 1 star to 3 star prestige school. My coach prestige went up, my fan base rating went up, my championship contender went up. The best way to get better recruits is to win your games and improve your pitch quality. Fortunately for me I went on to greener pastures after 2 seasons when North Carolina offered me the head coach gig haha. My campus lifestyle is now an A, conference prestige went from a D+ in the sunbelt to a B. Champ contender went up, pretty much every pitch went up. I won't have the gold mine of texas recruits anymore but I think it will all balance out.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:15 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have an online dynasty with Rice, which is a school pretty comparable to Baylor. Baylor has a good academic prestige, plus being in TX you don't really need to go out of state to recruit. My first year I had alot of 3 stars, and since then have gotten mainly four and 5 stars so yes you can steal from the bigger schools in state...its more about the amount of time the other schools are spending on a guy. If you watch the points each school needs for first in the prospects list you get a good idea of whether or not they are being highly recruited. Also what helped me early on was I spend a week on a guy and he does immediately have me higher on his list or even on it if I wasn't before then drop him and go after someone else.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:36 AM   #14
Pro

nwfdwill's Arena

OVR: 10

Madden's...how'd your coach prestige went up? Just curious as I've done several work-up programs, if you will, and I can't seem to get that pitch up even with an undefeated season. For example, right now, I'm Tulane (in New Orleans for those that don't know). I'm in Year 3 of the Dynasty. Year one was rough recruiting as I could only land two-stars. In year two, I landed one 4* recruit (actually took him away from LSU), and about 10 3*'s. So far in year 3, I'm trying to recruit 4*'s but I"m REALLY having trouble.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:45 AM   #15
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwfdwill
Madden's...how'd your coach prestige went up? Just curious as I've done several work-up programs, if you will, and I can't seem to get that pitch up even with an undefeated season. For example, right now, I'm Tulane (in New Orleans for those that don't know). I'm in Year 3 of the Dynasty. Year one was rough recruiting as I could only land two-stars. In year two, I landed one 4* recruit (actually took him away from LSU), and about 10 3*'s. So far in year 3, I'm trying to recruit 4*'s but I"m REALLY having trouble.

I dunno, I just assumed it was from winning. I went 21-5 in 2 seasons with a one star school, and won a bowl game the 2nd year. My coach prestige is a B+ and my coach experience is an A now even though i've only coached 2 seasons haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2010, 11:33 AM   #16
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Something to look at - WR's with a high carry rating and BTk rating that aren't great WR's and LB's that can play DE and SS's that can play LB. Also, look at slow corners with a decent tackle rating for the S position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »