Home

How to keep this game fresh?

This is a discussion on How to keep this game fresh? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2010, 02:55 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: How to keep this game fresh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Anyone try just calling "coaches pick" plays and seeing what happens. Anyone super sim games? Does it stay fresh only recruiting and setting up your gameplan?
I call all my own plays on offense, and I make 4th down/special teams decisions, but on defense. It's almost as if I'm the head coach/offensive coordinator like a Bobby Petrino.

I'm considering going into super sim and picking "watch play" every time on offense (and perhaps special teams). This allows me to still watch every play of the game (much like a coach would), I can also step in at any point if I want to pick a play and run it to overrule my defensive coordinator or make a 4th down decision, etc., then on offense continue to play.

I'm a far better offensive player on defense...so that's the root of all this essentially.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2010, 03:02 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Thanks for the response!

Yeah, I think I'm going to try out some sliders on here and see if I can get my butt kicked by a better squad in OD. The key to enjoying this game long term is a fair challenge. It's always that way for any sports game or video game IMO. That's why I love online usually, I find it a fair challenge against another person.

I'll probably amp up the recruiting difficulty if I get the hang of it too.
yeah for example I was NU and just steamrolled through one season...went 13-0 winning the title and the closest game I had was winning by 17, including the title game.

I was considering moving up to heisman or trying different sliders but after changing teams to a 2 caliber team and just getting destroyed by the #2 team, first game of the season, I knew that it was just my NU team that had gotten good.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Ignorance and/or low expectations.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #28
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9

I am thinking about running a offense only dynasty and simming the defense on my new dynasty. I am still on my first dynasty. I am on my 5 school right now Ark St. I went from UVA, Tenn, La Tech, Florida, now to my current team.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 15

The more teams I create, then load them into NCAA and play dynasties with them, the more I really think that's the way to go as far as keeping the game fresh an interesting.

As I already posted, I've created a 12-team "Gulf Coast Conference" to replace C-USA.
The Gulf Coast Conference

I'm also in the process of creating a 13-team "Northeastern Conference" to replace the MAC.
The Northeastern Conference

Eventually, my goal is to replace all of the BCS conferences (though I may keep a team or two, such as Boise State).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »