Home

"Academic Prestige" Question

This is a discussion on "Academic Prestige" Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2010, 05:55 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: "Academic Prestige" Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyeagle
LOL it's funny that after an explanation has been posted, people are still guessing and speculating. Just look a couple posts up, the dude didn't post all that for his own entertainment.
I'm calling BS on the explanations. I'm in year 10 and it's been years since I had a game not televised, I have double digit wins every year, I've been ranked every week for at least the past three years and my television exposure rating will not go above C+
Old 11-04-2010, 06:49 PM   #10
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I'm calling BS on the explanations. I'm in year 10 and it's been years since I had a game not televised, I have double digit wins every year, I've been ranked every week for at least the past three years and my television exposure rating will not go above C+
I am calling BS as well. I know that is from the devs but what he's SAYING and what I'm SEEING are 2 different things. For example it seems like program stability is directly tied to your win/ loss record each season. For example in both OD's that I'm in when I've had a bad season( 4 or 5 losses) my program stability went down every time whether my team prestige changed or not and now that I'm starting to win (no less than 2 losses the last few season) my program stability is coming back up. This is 2 separate OD's and 2 separate teams.

Also, I know for a fact that Academic prestige has something to do with players awareness ratings. Once I started winning I could be more picky about the players that I recruit and I started looking at players with higher awareness ratings ie play recognition, Route Running, Ball Carrier Vision, etc. Since I have been recruiting players with high grades in these areas my Academic prestige has went up a full letter grade in one OD and a half letter grade in another. We're in year 4 in one OD and year 3 in another. The Academic prestige didn't move the first 2 years in both and has increased a half letter grade in both since I changed my focus for recruits.

Also coach experience went up drastically when I started winning. In the OD that's in the 4th year, my coach experience went from a C+ to an A between years 3 and 4. It hadn't changed one time before then but it jumped all the way from C+ to A in one offseason. No surprise that the 3rd season was the only season that I finished in the top 10 in the country. I finished ranked #2 overall.

From what I can tell, if you win games all your pitches can change and get better except for conference prestige and the variable pitches ie proximity to home and early play time. Everything else WILL change if you start winning. The more you win, the better they will be.

I could go on and on about what I SEE and that contradicts what he says but you guys get the point.

Last edited by splff3000; 11-04-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #11
Rookie

UTVOL54's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
From the EA blog:

Academic Prestige - There is a percentage chance that this grade will go up or down a half letter grade each season. A team's performance does not factor in to the pitch changes.
Campus Lifestyle - This pitch does not change, The Grove at Ole Miss will always be a great draw.
Coach Experience - This pitch has a small percentage chance of increasing every year. This one never decreases.
Coach Prestige - The ability to meet contract goals in an offline dynasty is the main factor in determining this pitch. For online dynasties that don't have coach contracts, team prestige is used (i.e. better schools = better chance of moving up in prestige).
Conference Prestige - This is static for each conference, the team can only change their value by changing conferences.
Championship Contender/Fan Base/ Facilities/ Pro Factory - The team's previous year's performance (i.e. win/loss record, final rank, etc.) are the key factors that determine if this pitch goes up or down. Basically, it does nothing but help you to win your games J
Program Stability - Changes are based on a combination of the coach's prestige and current contract length in offline dynasties (team prestige in online dynasty)
Program Tradition - A high final ranking in the final polls compared to the current pitch value determines if there is a change in the pitch value.
Television Exposure - the more regionally and nationally televised games that are played (and more importantly won) are the main factor in determining a change to this pitch.
Thanks for posting this...but some of this doesn't happen. for instance, in our online dynasty, Notre Dame and Ohio State are both in the Big 12 North...OSU's conference prestige is B+, ND's is A+. Makes no sense. And OSU, who finished #2 last season saw its program stability drop from an A+ to a B+ in season 2. It's things like this that make zero sense to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #12
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVOL54
Thanks for posting this...but some of this doesn't happen. for instance, in our online dynasty, Notre Dame and Ohio State are both in the Big 12 North...OSU's conference prestige is B+, ND's is A+. Makes no sense. And OSU, who finished #2 last season saw its program stability drop from an A+ to a B+ in season 2. It's things like this that make zero sense to me.
Yea really appreciate you posting that I was wondering on a few of those how to improve TAMU in dynasty.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 11-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Total agreement with the BS call.
Acad. Prestige for my offline 6* 3-time nat'l champion Auburn (yeah, I know, I've gotta quit wimping out and move up to A-A) has fallen from B+ to C+ in 2 seasons. I was wondering if it had anything to do with pulling in JUCO recruits, or cutting upper class players that have been pushed to bottom of depth chart w/ better recruits.
As for 'winning' helps...well, how the hell do Notre Dame and Michigan STILL rate A+ in championship contender (let's all realize at this point that we're talking about NCAA '11 which should have factored into the game the recent 'successes' of those 2 programs) when within my 6 seasons of play Big Blue has hardly cracked the top-10 and ND...well, lets just say that in my custom scheduling heading into my current season (with an already A+ scedule) I considered switching out a trip to Tulane for a visit to So. Bend just so I could beat up on the Irish in their own stadium. They're 5-5 so far, but when I run up against a recruit that I'd like to 'compare' contender to ND, (and Mich.) they're still that same 'ole A+.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »