Home

Can't play season started on other 360 system!

This is a discussion on Can't play season started on other 360 system! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2010, 11:23 PM   #1
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
Can't play season started on other 360 system!

Me and my brother waited to start our season together. I got updated rosters and we edited everything how we wanted. Then we started the dynasty. Added our 12 Created teams, switched all the conferences how we wanted and finally got to the beginning of our season.

Then I saved everything to my brother's memory card (dynasty, rosters, teambuilder stuff) so he could do his season on his 360 and I'm doing mine on my 360 since we don't live close together and he doesn't usually hook up to xbox live. I've completed over a year already, but my brother still can't play his season. Every time he tries, It says this: "This item cannot be transferred between profiles". He has tried saving the files to his 360, and he has tried loading them from his memory card.

Why will it not let him play his season. We did the same thing when we started a basketballdynasty (and all the other game saves and rosters I've transfered to him have worked for other games). He hasn't hadAny problems withother rosters and gamesworking from my 360 (NCAA Basketball, NBA, MLB, Tennis and more rosters). What can he do to start his season, he needs this to work because he doesn't have updated rosters without the save on his memory card and we spent a lot of time putting our created teams in and switching the conferences around and don't want to try and re-do that all. I still have the beginning saves on my 360.

Thanx!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2010, 11:51 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Can't play season started on other 360 system!

Save files are by user profile, so if you create the dynasty with your profile, you can only load it with your profile. You need to save both the dynasty AND your user profile to the memory card.

Go to his house, load your PROFILE to his box, THEN load the dynasty.

You will have to be using the same user profile when playing the games, I believe.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:56 AM   #3
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Ok thanx, we'll have to try that when I go home again, saving my profile to his 360.. It's stupid that files won't work on his system, under his profile and he will have to load mine instead to play football each time.

How come before this NCAA Football game, we haven't had this problem; of transfering file saves and updates not working on his profile. I've given him game saves for seasons, rosters, settings, my progress on games, and other things for games (NCAA Hoops, NBA, MLB, RPGs, and other types of games) and they've all worked fine under his profile for him, and under mine for me?

PS, just making sure, there isn't any way he can use these NCAA Football files under his own profile, that he plays his other games?
Old 10-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #4
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Does anyone know why this game doesn't work like all my other sports games? All others we could save our stuff to the memory card and transfer to each others 360s.

Does EA try to do things to upset fans, because sometimes it seems like it.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:32 PM   #5
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Save files are by user profile, so if you create the dynasty with your profile, you can only load it with your profile. You need to save both the dynasty AND your user profile to the memory card.

Go to his house, load your PROFILE to his box, THEN load the dynasty.

You will have to be using the same user profile when playing the games, I believe.
- UPD.

We tried to save (copy) my profile and stuff to my brothers memory card, but it only let us copy the files, not the profile. I could move my profile, but I need to keep it on mine. So why can't I save my profile to the memory card (only move it); I think we had saved our profile in the past to the memory card.

So what is the best way he can stat his seson now? Would transfering one of our profiles to the memory card work to get the game files, then us both be able to save it to our 360s?
Or what about recovering a gametag (saw that option, but if we did that would that mess up mine or his's profile (and all our previous saves), we don't want to do that.
Otherwise he will have to re-make his team (somehow it got deleted off the teambuilder site when he went to edit them before but I had already saved them), somehow get my rosters (how do I share them), then re-customize all the conferences, and create our recruits to start a season.
That would be a major pain for him to have to start over and do All of that. - There has got to be a better way, right? We could on other games!

Thanx!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #6
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Not much you can do, don't do the recover gamertag thing though. It'll move that gamertag from one system to another.

Sounds like you'll have to do the pain in the butt process of starting anew for him. It doesn't matter if you can on other games, this isn't the other games, unfortunately.

Unless someone knows of some roundabout way of doing this, because I have no solution. Wish I could be of more help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »