Home

Trailing a school by -1 in recruiting

This is a discussion on Trailing a school by -1 in recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #17
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Trailing a school by -1 in recruiting

I think the -1 happens when more than one team has hit the points threshold for a player. I think every player has a points ceiling then it is anyones game on who is going to sign the player.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 10-19-2010, 05:33 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_Fan_79
from my observations this seems to happen when their #1 school has not offered. Basically, if the #1 school offers they will accept. If not, he's yours. I don't mind it, happens all the time in real life recruiting.
Yes it happens all the time in real life. With teams like Bama, Texas, Ohio State, etc. Even then teams like that can screw themselves slow playing a guy.

Ive had 3 star guys at positions that I just really needed depth at "hold out" for that dream offer from Kansas, Troy, Kent St, BUFFALO. That over an offer in hand from Nebraska? I say bull****. fix it please EA.

Also, last year I had guys on my board at the end of recruiting, hard committed to other schools without an offer, when I had offered them. This is 3 star guys (possibly one 4 star I cant remember) walking-on at schools that arent the home state dream school, when they hold an offer from a 6 star prestige school. Again, fix it EA.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #19

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
Also, last year I had guys on my board at the end of recruiting, hard committed to other schools without an offer, when I had offered them. This is 3 star guys (possibly one 4 star I cant remember) walking-on at schools that arent the home state dream school, when they hold an offer from a 6 star prestige school. Again, fix it EA.
I think what happens in this case is that the offer comes in that final week that they commit. You just don't get to see what the CPU did in that final week.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 10-19-2010, 05:52 PM   #20

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
I think the -1 happens when more than one team has hit the points threshold for a player. I think every player has a points ceiling then it is anyones game on who is going to sign the player.
I think this is the case. Perhaps me taking away points from USM took them slightly away from that ceiling and gave me the small edge?

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 10-19-2010, 10:51 PM   #21
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

I guess you're lucky man. In this year's game, I have NEVER seen a school at -1 jump to the top spot with out a visit, NEVER. I have spent 60mins from week 1 until the last week of the offseason and been at -1 since like week 8 and still have never jumped in front of that top school. It's gotten to the point now that if I go to -1 and I don't have a visit coming up, I just treat that like a soft commit and move on. A lot of other people in my OD notice this as well and use this same strategy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 10:56 PM   #22
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I think this is the case. Perhaps me taking away points from USM took them slightly away from that ceiling and gave me the small edge?
I would just go balls out on the guy at that point and hope for the best.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:57 PM   #23
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I guess you're lucky man. In this year's game, I have NEVER seen a school at -1 jump to the top spot with out a visit, NEVER. I have spent 60mins from week 1 until the last week of the offseason and been at -1 since like week 8 and still have never jumped in front of that top school. It's gotten to the point now that if I go to -1 and I don't have a visit coming up, I just treat that like a soft commit and move on. A lot of other people in my OD notice this as well and use this same strategy.
I will have to pay attention to that in the future.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #24
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

It may be EA or it may be realism in recruiting its anyones pick but Yes I had one case where the recruit would not allow me to pass Miami and I was Michigan but that had not offered him anything and i was stuck for seven weeks at -1 until two other colleges were -1 and I just cut him for making me waste time hahah. Turns out he commited right after I cut him to Miami. This was a #26 DE 4*

Does anyone else buy into that "win or else you will hurt your chances with your recruit" thing I've seen on the tutorial? Because this doesnt seem to apply to the Cpu

Last edited by PaperBoyx703; 10-19-2010 at 11:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »