Home

Sportsmanship

This is a discussion on Sportsmanship within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2010, 12:25 AM   #9
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Sportsmanship

CPU teams always run up the score when they can.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:40 AM   #10
Rookie

NDNathan's Arena

OVR: 3

Speaking of CPU sportsmanship, I don't think I have ever seen the CPU put in their second string. They will continue to pass up 60 points with the starters until about 2-3 mins left in the 4q. Only then will they usually run (with their first string). I hope CPU mass substitutions can be tuned. I remember NCAA 06 had CPU mass subs.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:38 AM   #11
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti_2009
yeah I am seriously considering just unplugging my internet before playing because the sportsmanship is just getting annoying. Also, heard some people are having freezing issues with it...
speak of the devil just happened to me...
of course it was only the most interesting game of the year for me.

lost 49-48 in double overtime...
featured a fumble returned for a td when the cpu was running out the clock for the win at the end of the fourth quarter with 40 seconds remaining...

thanks season showdown by not only normally detracting from the game, but in this case actually removing the game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 08:17 PM   #12
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Just happened to me for the first time...

Up by 21 in the third (my SMU vs. ECU) and I had to pass a couple times on 3rd to try and keep the clock running and the ball out of their hands...

I got my third warning on a drive and then decided to run on third and punt...

Lo and behold, my HB fumbled and their DT took it to the house for 6...

My reaction was to ignore possible warnings and score two more TDs, so there was NO way they'd cheese me out of a well deserved win...

I've always felt that when you have an unexpected big win going, the AI will "reward" you with turnovers and injuries...now they add these stupid "sportsmanship" warnings...

Goofy, IMHO...
Old 10-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 28

I think they need to get rid of this. It doesn't do anything. I get sportsmanship points taken away when I throw with a 10 point lead in the fourth quarter.

Season Showdown was a nice thought but I never, ever check the standings. I would rather have an improved presentation such as College Gameday with highlights than Season Showdown...
Old 10-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Season Showdown is one of the worst additions in the game. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY cares about that leaderboard.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #15
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaTechPimp
Season Showdown is one of the worst additions in the game. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY cares about that leaderboard.
The only time I paid attention to it was in NCAA 10, where they gave you achievements for certain things. Sportsmanship, Skill, etc. etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2010, 02:42 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

I play as ULL in my Dynasty. First Year North Texas ran the score up on me 80-45. Came out in 5 wide every damn snap, even 1 minute left in the 4th. Made me so mad

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »