Home

Bubble Screens

This is a discussion on Bubble Screens within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Bubble Screens

I'm talking specifically about the ones out of the Shotgun Spread formation in the generic Multiple playbook, but I'm sure this applies to any of them.

I love this play in real life, so I'd like to use it in the game, but every time I try to run one, the defender is on my receiver like glue and I'm usually tackled for a loss. I suspect this is probably due to psychic playcalling, but are there any adjustments, like motion or line shifts, that can increase a bubble screen's chance of success, or at least not getting blown up right at the catch every time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 12:55 AM   #2
Banned

UMCanes93's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Bubble Screens

It works better if the defense you're running it against is a zone defense. Also, you might want to check on the receivers blocking ratings, and possibly package in a TE at that spot for better blocking.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:00 AM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Don't run bubbles (or any screens) against man. If it's man, audible to something else.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-15-2010, 01:41 AM   #4
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

You could keep it as an audible and switch to it when you see a blitz or predict zone. If you come out in a screen play the cpu will call man 8/10 times.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:48 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

That's what I figured, that it just comes down to beating the psychic playcalling. I played a few games and made sure to run bubble screens only when there wasn't a defender lined up on my receiver pre-play, suggesting zone, and I got significantly better results. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #6
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Don't run bubbles (or any screens) against man. If it's man, audible to something else.
The one exception I'd give is online you see a lot of people who mash "show blitz" on every play. It pulls the OLB or DB who's supposed to be covering the slot WR in towards your OT. If that slot guy runs a bubble, he'll have a step on the man covering him so if his Accel is high enough, he can catch it and take it around the corner.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #7
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I like the bubble screen irl but it doesn't work very well in this game. I have hit big plays off other WR screens, but I avoid bubble screens.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 10-16-2010, 02:20 AM   #8
Pro

nwfdwill's Arena

OVR: 10

I know this is semi-offtopic, but since I read "screen", I wanted to ask...does anyone else have issues with a RB screen/flat route with QB's blatantly over-throwing the HB every time? This seems to happen to me regardless of who the QB is. It even happens in my RTG with me as the HB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »