Home

Madden 15 (XOne) vs NCAA 14 (X360)

This is a discussion on Madden 15 (XOne) vs NCAA 14 (X360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2014, 06:31 PM   #1
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 15 (XOne) vs NCAA 14 (X360)

I don't think I can play Madden if it's anything like Madden 25? Madden just sucks compared to NCAA. Although it's going to be the new game with updated rosters and graphics, I think I'm sticking to my NCAA. I don't know what else to say other than that. Something about Madden just makes it not nearly as enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2014, 09:35 PM   #2
Rookie

Eagle34's Arena

Re: Madden 15 (XOne) vs NCAA 14 (X360)

I know what you mean. NCAA has always had two key advantages over Madden: variety and atmosphere. 126 teams, absurd #s of uniform combinations, unique offenses, a far more extensive Teambuilder - way more variety in many aspects compared to Madden. And for CFB fans there's nothing comparable to night games at Death Valley, The Swamp, or The Coliseum. There's nothing like the Iron Bowl, or the Red River Rivalry. Unfortunately, as far as gameplay goes, the disparity in quality between each new iteration of Madden and NCAA 14 is gonna make it much harder to stay on NCAA 14. To make it even worse, NCAA 14 is without a playoff system and most teams' uniforms will quickly become obsolete. These next few (hopefully few) years are going to be extremely long for NCAA fans.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:46 AM   #3
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34
I know what you mean. NCAA has always had two key advantages over Madden: variety and atmosphere. 126 teams, absurd #s of uniform combinations, unique offenses, a far more extensive Teambuilder - way more variety in many aspects compared to Madden. And for CFB fans there's nothing comparable to night games at Death Valley, The Swamp, or The Coliseum. There's nothing like the Iron Bowl, or the Red River Rivalry. Unfortunately, as far as gameplay goes, the disparity in quality between each new iteration of Madden and NCAA 14 is gonna make it much harder to stay on NCAA 14. To make it even worse, NCAA 14 is without a playoff system and most teams' uniforms will quickly become obsolete. These next few (hopefully few) years are going to be extremely long for NCAA fans.
Yep. Gonna be a LONG wait. Especially when they can the online dynasty servers...
Old 04-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

i thought i wouldn't be able to get into madden either, however, i bought it on my xb1, and really made the best of it. you can basically created an entire offense of read option if that's what you're into, it's graphically superior, if that matters, and it really is a good game, however i've never been much of a game basher.

madden has a ton of options, tons of slider adjustments (assuming they work), good sound tracks, and it is NFL football too.

it should continue to get better.

they need up update their online interface to that of NCAA so all franchise options are available when away from the console.

NCAA is my favorite game, but it's becoming outdated in rapid pace.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:07 PM   #5
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

I think my biggest problem with madden is how easy it is to build a team. In NCAA, I love to start with an awful team and try to build a dynasty. (Or work my way up the coaching ladder until I land at a marquee spot). In Madden, if you have a weak position, you can just trade or sign Free Agents. No joke, in Franchise mode, you can take the Browns and make them a serious contender by the end of the preseason. Don't have a good QB? Trade an extra WR or RB (or both) for the best backup in the game. Don't have a good QB in NCAA? You gotta recruit one. That takes AT LEAST a year if not more because you'll have to groom that freshman before you can release him to the wolves.

That's what I don't like about Madden. I love both college football and NFL in real life (college is my favorite though--but I have Titans season tickets). In video game land, it's NCAA or nothing so far for me. I'm gonna have to make myself enjoy Madden this year I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »