Home

How cool would it be if coordinators were in the game?

This is a discussion on How cool would it be if coordinators were in the game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #9
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: How cool would it be if coordinators were in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyebred2332
I actually disagree. The last thing I want in this game is staffing decisions and other features of and "AD mode". I play NCAA BECAUSE it isn't watered down like Madden, with ticket prices and staffing decisions and promotions and on and on (note: note sure if Madden still has owner mode as I don't play it anymore).

If they introduce an AD mode as the main mode, and/or introduce assistant coaches and things like that into dynasty, it may prevent me from buying in the future. I just don't think its a fit with the college football games. Let's focus on improving actual gameplay and making recruiting deeper.
While I'd generally agree with you on this, I don't see why it can't be possible along with gameplay fixes, and why someone can't want something like this in the game.

IMO it's a cool idea.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #10
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

I just want an option to have a playoff system in dynasty mode...
Old 10-16-2010, 09:41 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

Or how about this...

You can choose whether or not you want to hire a coordinator or call the plays yourself (as many headcoaches do).

But also... you could choose to start your career as a coordinator (rather than as a head coach).

I'd love to start a career as an offensive coordinator and be responsible for just a portion of the team's recruiting, and be responsible just for the offensive gameplan and call the plays (with the possibility of the head coach overruling your call at any point) and having no control over special teams & defense.

And then work my way up. Either I stay at one school for a very long time and eventually just take over when the headcoach retires, or take the first head coaching option that opens up as some lowly Sun Belt school, etc. I think this would be extraordinarily enjoyable.

Heck, perhaps you could start as just a position coach. You determine what you want the players at that position to work on (improving their stat in that category), and then during the game, you only get to control players at that position (likely making QB coach the most popular) and THEN work your way up to a coordinator and THEN Head coach.

Personally, I'd absolutely love this game mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2010, 11:19 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Or how about this...

You can choose whether or not you want to hire a coordinator or call the plays yourself (as many headcoaches do).
Was actually thinking about that too. The only problem is you'd have to have ratings for head coaches which I wouldn't like because dynasty is about toyu being the coach and playing with the players.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:23 PM   #13
Rookie

LunchBox Legend's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Or how about this...

But also... you could choose to start your career as a coordinator (rather than as a head coach).

I'd love to start a career as an offensive coordinator and be responsible for just a portion of the team's recruiting, and be responsible just for the offensive gameplan and call the plays (with the possibility of the head coach overruling your call at any point) and having no control over special teams & defense.

And then work my way up. Either I stay at one school for a very long time and eventually just take over when the headcoach retires, or take the first head coaching option that opens up as some lowly Sun Belt school, etc. I think this would be extraordinarily enjoyable.

Heck, perhaps you could start as just a position coach. You determine what you want the players at that position to work on (improving their stat in that category), and then during the game, you only get to control players at that position (likely making QB coach the most popular) and THEN work your way up to a coordinator and THEN Head coach.

Personally, I'd absolutely love this game mode.
I have wanted this for years. Hell, I posted this exact idea, for Madden, on TotalMadden.com like ten or 11 years ago.

This could also have a HUGE impact in online dynasties. Imagine if you had the option to make everyone start as coordinators your OD. This would, in my opinion, be awesome.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunchBox Legend
I have wanted this for years. Hell, I posted this exact idea, for Madden, on TotalMadden.com like ten or 11 years ago.

This could also have a HUGE impact in online dynasties. Imagine if you had the option to make everyone start as coordinators your OD. This would, in my opinion, be awesome.
I think that at the 100% absolute minimum, the ability to start as low as a position coach and work your way up should be added to NFL Head Coach games.

Heck, why don't they just start doing NCAA Football Head Coach games?
Old 10-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
I think that at the 100% absolute minimum, the ability to start as low as a position coach and work your way up should be added to NFL Head Coach games.

Heck, why don't they just start doing NCAA Football Head Coach games?
They probably stopped the head coach games because it didn't sell or they didn't have the resources. NCAA isn't as big of a title so if Madden couldn't secure the money to produce it I doubt NCAA can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2010, 11:19 PM   #16
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Yeah that would be cool.

But first things first. We don't even have coaches in the game yet. Other than the "coach options" in the menus, there are no coaches in NCAA.

I'd love to see Nick Saban walking the sideline with his arms crossed. Or Jim Tressel decked out in his trademark red sweater.

Heck, at this point I'd take no-name coaches we could edit, whose names are included in the database. That way when we change the name the commentator can still mention him in-game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »