Home

NCAA Football 12: A Dynasty in the Making(Big Post with Pics)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12: A Dynasty in the Making(Big Post with Pics) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2010, 08:00 PM   #9
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Football 12: A Dynasty in the Making(Big Post with Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Along the lines of what you posted about coach influence:

I think it'd be a great place to help dictate progression. Great QB coaches will allow talented guys to progress into superstars. Maybe a bad coach obtains talented players sometimes, but isn't able to groom them into superstars. Think of having a guy like Norm Chow on offense to allow your QB to flourish. Think of having a Brett Bielema leading your run heavy squad, or Ferentz.

There's a lot of opportunity to further tie together progression with coaching in my opinion. The more RPG and RTS elements this game gets, the better.
Head Coach's system with "Coach Skills" would be a great place to start. Then you can separate Boise St and their 3 star recruits playing over their heads.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 10

First...I can see you put a lot of time and effort into this. However, I don't think EA would go this way. I think they are more and more concerned about the online play (and of course the extras you buy). But again...some very good ideals. I only wished Bowl Bound College Football has some of these graphics you have came up with. It has all the other stuff..but again you can only expect lots of stats but no graphics with a text based game.

Again, good write-up...I think it will be moved to the wishlist thread.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Thank you guys for the feedback. I doubt EA will really use my post for any influence at all no matter how many people would love to see something like this. They have their eyes set down the path they ant to take and nothing will stop them.

But I was bored and had nothing better to do than make a detailed post about how I want dynasty mode to be. I think if dynasty mode was that organic and deep, more people would play it. EA seems to think online is where its at, but everybody I know would play dynasty a lot more if it was just updated.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 09:51 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

What I Would Like to See
1. Recruiting where you can pick the pitches again. No coach sits there and randomly selects what he wants to talk about.

2. Option to have a playoff in dynasties instead of the bowl games. Would make things more interesting.

3. Medical Redshirts/Suspensions.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

amazing idea on presentation!!!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

[quote=packersfan4eva;2041758237]What I Would Like to See
1. Recruiting where you can pick the pitches again. No coach sits there and randomly selects what he wants to talk about.
quote]

The lotto style was designed to represent the Kid choosing the topics. THe coaches dont always know what the kid wants to talk about. Whether it works or not is debateable.

I think the (2) biggest things missing are:

* Stat tracking - as shown on OP. Allow us to go back and relieve specific seasons or players. Give us record books at least 10 deep per stat that you can sort (see OP for examples or see avidmanager.com, but have it auto upload the info.)

* Rosterbuilder - you have teambuilder.....why not make it easy for us to edit the rosters online....pre-release.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:59 PM   #15
Rookie

woody56's Arena

OVR: 3

Need full editing in offline dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »