Home

Dynamic updates ... too difficult?

This is a discussion on Dynamic updates ... too difficult? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Dynamic updates ... too difficult?

I thought this was a nice feature in NCAA Basketball 10, where each week we'd get updated rankings for the teams. I think (not sure, someone correct me if I'm wrong), but there were also slight changes to player and team ratings in those Dynamic Updates.

I think this would bring some added depth to NCAA Football. It'd be nice to use Michigan St. now, which is ranked No. 8. You'd probably see a little bump up in the team's ratings and individual ratings as well. Going off the default roster, Michigan St. isn't even ranked in the Top-25.

Is the reason this wasn't made a part of NCAA 11 is that there's just too many teams to update each week? Any chance we'll see this in the future?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
Rookie

Sori's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Dynamic updates ... too difficult?

Honestly, I think it has more to do with the great job the community does with roster updates. Why ruin a good thing?

Plus, any updates would reset the rosters back to unnamed rosters... could you imagine the backlash from fans after all the work that is put in each summer getting the rosters named? Nobody would even use the updates for that reason alone.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7

I think the dynamic updates would be great.. It'd really only effect online games though, seeing as how must people use the community rosters. But it'd still be really cool for them to update the rosters for online play.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sori
Honestly, I think it has more to do with the great job the community does with roster updates. Why ruin a good thing?

Plus, any updates would reset the rosters back to unnamed rosters... could you imagine the backlash from fans after all the work that is put in each summer getting the rosters named? Nobody would even use the updates for that reason alone.
I got several updates in NCAA Basketball and my rosters never once went back to unnamed.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »