Home

Heisman difficulty observations

This is a discussion on Heisman difficulty observations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #9
Rookie

wonderl33t's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Heisman difficulty observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hempdiddy
Heres one for the OP, you'll love this:

I'm shutting down Ohio State in my offline dynasty with a custom team as part of the Big Ten, so this is a big game for me. I'm up by 10 pts with 1:44 left in the fourth on Heisman. Ohio State has the ball on my 46 yard line but its 4th and 26. Naturally, they go for it because they're down and I've sacked the sh!t outta them for 16yds loss. I pressure again with good coverage and they complete a medium mid field pass, but get tackled 12 yards short of the first down marker. I'm very happy about this, proud of myself you could say. Until...

Kirk gets on the mic and starts screaming about the amazing conversion on 4th down as I watch OSU line up on the 20 with a new set of downs!!! WTF!!! I can't believe my eyes, so I pause and review the insta replay. Confirmed. CPU fell 12 YARDS SHORT of the first, but decided that it was time to score, so **** you, time for a first down wether it's earned or not. Totally unbelievable.

I just can't believe it.

Can you guess what happened next? Yep, you've got it! They score a TD, kick a successful onside kick and drive down within field goal range and kick a field goal as time expires sending the game into overtime.

Consider it gospel. If the CPU decides (however it does) that a game will go on it will. Just set the controller down and save yourself some stress. I really can't believe that the EA developers took inspiration from those Buffalo Wild Wings commercials, but it seems they have. Amazing.

**** YOU EA.
Hhahahahhah omg man. That is the worst I have ever heard.

My worst was in the 07 version of the game, I was playing against Louisville. I was on defense at the end of the game trying to force a punt. 3rd and 10, they hand it to Mike Bush. My linebacker nails him 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Mike Bush carries my linebacker 14 yards for a first down. Game over

Last edited by WTF; 10-24-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Editing Quoted post
Old 10-20-2010, 02:00 PM   #10
Rookie

wonderl33t's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Not a fan of sliders, huh?
Is there a "Human Team Defender Mental R3tardation During Man Coverage" slider? Or a "Wide Open WR Drops On Crucial Downs" slider?
Old 10-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #11
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderl33t
Is there a "Human Team Defender Mental R3tardation During Man Coverage" slider? Or a "Wide Open WR Drops On Crucial Downs" slider?
Yep. Pass Coverage 100 and WR Catch 100. But then you wouldn't have anything to complain about. So you should put both on 0 to further your claim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2010, 11:56 PM   #12
Rookie

man coverage with blitz blitz blitz

stud corners corners corners

that's how you beat robo qb
Old 10-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderl33t
Hhahahahhah omg man. That is the worst I have ever heard.

My worst was in the 07 version of the game, I was playing against Louisville. I was on defense at the end of the game trying to force a punt. 3rd and 10, they hand it to Mike Bush. My linebacker nails him 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Mike Bush carries my linebacker 14 yards for a first down. Game over
I have not seen this in over 100 games played but I will agree that the AI is either a machine or a pushover. Did you play on default settings on Heisman? Those are the worst.

I don't mind a challenge but I cannot stand it when the AI breaks a sure tackle on third and long, which is the only time it seems to break a tackle...
Old 10-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 18

Anyone else think the Pass Rush on Heisman is non existant?

The CPU FCS East can get pressure on Iowa (user), but Iowa can't get any pressure on them?
Old 10-22-2010, 10:37 AM   #15
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Here is a simple and stress free solution.

If your want a great game pull back to All-American and use SN's (Slient Natures) sliders. They are awesome. Use them as a base and tweak to your skill level from there.

If your want the heisman difficulty for recruiting by all means set that for yourself.

Heisman level is not enjoyable and the CPU has a major advantage. This game was not built to be played realisiticaly on that setting. Same as Madden (ALL-PRO is the right default setting) with All-Madden.

You should nto be getting upset over a video game...relax brothers.

Good luck.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think the game is still very easy on Heisman. In my second year in dynasty with ND, I won the Championship including thumping Oregon 73-17 in the BCS game. It is pretty hard to run, but I can pass for around 600 yards a game and score around 75 points per game in 8 minute quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »