Home

Have they fixed the D?

This is a discussion on Have they fixed the D? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Have they fixed the D?

Been away from the forums for awhile and was just wondering if they've patched the defense yet, or can you still drive the ball down field and score at will?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Have they fixed the D?

Nope it's easy as can be if you have skills lol..

I like it the way it was when the game first came out. I just didn't like how corners were psychic, but EA f'd it an now they can't cover to save there life... It almost makes snagging a 5* CB a joke...
Old 10-19-2010, 11:40 PM   #3
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Same as usual. Defense is really hard. I do think its made me a bit better because I've had to learn a few more tricks and strategies to compensate somewhat. I feel that if we had the old defense back I would have a dominant defense. But not now. The pass rush is so lacking right now. 4 man rush is useless.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

If you mean did they fix the slant routes and middle crosses that CPU and user always have exploited, definately not fixed and probably worse than the last time you played.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
Banned

cr00v's Arena

OVR: 4

The answer is no. The defense is absolutely pitiful in this game. Each game truly becomes a contest of who can score the most points. My advice:

1) Work on your offense, make sure it's A+. You'll need to score touchdowns on every drive.
2) Keep mixing up your D scheme, and hope your opponent makes a mistake. Even holding your opponent to a FG is a win.
3) ALWAYS, ALWAYS, make sure you have the ball last. Even one minute remaining is too much time for your opponent, so make sure you run that clock out.

EA better fix this crap, I'm sick of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

I fan a fan of a low scoring game.. (An that's not because UF this year can't score 10 points to save there life lol)

But online play is always a high scoring game if you both are pretty good. The only hope you have is you play a moron... If you ever fall behind because you're team fumbles or something you're pretty much screwed because stops are hard to get.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:57 PM   #7
Banned

cr00v's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
I fan a fan of a low scoring game.. (An that's not because UF this year can't score 10 points to save there life lol)

But online play is always a high scoring game if you both are pretty good. The only hope you have is you play a moron... If you ever fall behind because you're team fumbles or something you're pretty much screwed because stops are hard to get.
Same here. I really miss the old 24-20 or 20-17 type games that we had in the past. The more I play this the more I want to put it on eBay. The cover 2 should stop that damn drag. EA is catering scrubs with this game. They need to force the QB to read the defense again. They need to make the zone effective. If the zone isn't effective, then there's no point of defensive scheming since we have to blitz on every single play just to get any pressure. And since most people you play online do the whole "17 step drop", even that fails. No respect for defense.

MAKE THE QUARTERBACK SIT IN THE POCKET AND READ THE DEFENSE TO BE SUCCESSFUL.

Are they going to fix this, or are they just done with patches? If so, then this game's gone. I just have no fun watching people pass up and down the field against my D.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #8
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

The shine has definitely worn off for me. I quickly ripped through 3 seasons and now that I've taken a moment to breath, I'm realizing that its not really calling me back. It's a decent enough effort, but this game has some way to go before I can call it great. I'm just taking it for what it is...and if I want to get into a barn burner with the CPU, then I'll fire up my dynasty. If you toughen up the D with the sliders, it seems to go the other way, and turn into a turnover-fest momentum swinger, and games turn into blowouts. Same song....100th verse.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »