Home

PLay Recognition

This is a discussion on PLay Recognition within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2010, 02:23 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: PLay Recognition

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr00v
Where's the option for DBs? Do A+ CBs let the WR get 6-7 yard separation? The answer is yes.

The thing I wish this game had more than anything else is for the DBs to actually be effective. There's no point in recruiting that stud 4* shutdown corner, because he plays like the rest of the corners in his class.
The thing i've noticed from tweaking rosters and ratings is that the DB's have to be really good in Man/Zone coverage plus have a high awareness and Play Recognition rating in order to stand out more.

All of the DB's on my roster with 86 awareness or higher do a great job locking down people

A DB with low awareness tends to still blow assignments and coverages or get lost out of position in coverage a lot even if they have very good Man/Zone coverage skills.....their low awareness and or play recognition seems to overide their coverage ratings from what I've seen

A guy like Deion Sanders who i create with 90+ accross the boards will be almost impossible to throw on in this game

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Wide reciever rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Why should some 5'10 180 Wr have a high stiff arm rating?

I've observed the rosters and EA has 100's of those types of players with silly break tackle ratings and stiff arm ratings

I'm glad they lowered the physical ratings of these guys because no way in hell a 5'11 180 lb wr or rb should be blasting people as if they are Earl Campbell
A small WR shouldn't necessarily have high stiff arm/trucking abilities.

A big WR should.

Small & fast WR should have good juke & spin move abilities.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:57 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Wide reciever rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
A small WR shouldn't necessarily have high stiff arm/trucking abilities.

A big WR should.

Small & fast WR should have good juke & spin move abilities.
Well that would make more logical sense

But also keep in mind if you observe the Madden 11 ratings they are also limiting those ratings to the WR's aswell.

It's not like it's a situation just in NCAA Football they are toning down the ratings in Madden aswell.

I can understand why they are doing it because if they give extreme high ratings in NCAA to WR's for elusiveness and agility most of those players will end up being rated even higher than their Pro counter parts when they get imported into Madden.

I don't think the people who are making these complaints are observing the ratings in both games and comparing them together.

There are 100's of small WR's in Madden that have very low elusiveness ratings because that ratings ties into the ability to break tackles

Also i think Madden has done great job by seperating a guy like D.Jackson and making him stand out better.....there are smaller WR's who aren't great in the open field or at making people miss.....essentially they are not game breakers like a Johnny Rodgers or Percey Harvin type.

I guess you can't get ratings 100% correct but i understand what they are trying to do with the lower ratings especially Elusiveness and or Stiff arm when it comes to WR's. The Secondary has taken a hit for overall tackling ratings and if EA jacks up the Elusiveness and Stiff arm ratings then you are creating a major problem when it comes to DB's trying to tackle WR's

They get run over as if the WR's are 220 LB RB's coming at them in the open field.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
The thing i've noticed from tweaking rosters and ratings is that the DB's have to be really good in Man/Zone coverage plus have a high awareness and Play Recognition rating in order to stand out more.

All of the DB's on my roster with 86 awareness or higher do a great job locking down people

A DB with low awareness tends to still blow assignments and coverages or get lost out of position in coverage a lot even if they have very good Man/Zone coverage skills.....their low awareness and or play recognition seems to overide their coverage ratings from what I've seen

A guy like Deion Sanders who i create with 90+ accross the boards will be almost impossible to throw on in this game
Ok, Im glad I had somewhere to search for this because the play recognition rating vs. awareness rating was bothering me. I could not understand what the difference was. I know you're not on here anymore Playmakers but thanks for the info.
Im going to test this by having with an elite corner but reduce his PRC to 0 but keep his high MCV and AWR rating against a WR with a lower RTE rating and observe in practice mode. Tests will be as follows.

1) MCV 90 AWR 90 PRC 0 vs. RTE 80
2) MCV 90 AWR 0 PRC 90 vs. RTE 80
3) MCV 90 AWR 0 PRC 0 vs. RTE 80
4) MCV 80 AWR 90 PRC 90 vs. RTE 90

This will help me understand more the PRC rating. I believe the AWR rating for the defense is only in use when the ball is thrown, allowing the defender to react quickly to the ball in the air while PRC allwos the defender to be in the right position to make the play. But this will deinitelybe verified through testing. Anyone willing to help I would appreciate
Old 07-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #13
Pro

At least in NCAA 13 this is what I have seen

1) MCV 90 AWR 90 PRC 0 vs. RTE 80 Coverage was tight
2) MCV 90 AWR 0 PRC 90 vs. RTE 80 Coverage was tight
3) MCV 90 AWR 0 PRC 0 vs. RTE 80 Coverage was tight

So if anyone can show me or explain to me how PRC works I would appreciate it. Ill go to the lab and experiment with it. Until then any other help is appreciated.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Biting on Play Action, or coming up to defend the run if they are playing in a zone.
Im interestd in this answer. Im going back to the lab to validate this point. Thanks mmorg
Old 07-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #15
Rookie

erod328's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
At least in NCAA 13 this is what I have seen

1) MCV 90 AWR 90 PRC 0 vs. RTE 80 Coverage was tight
2) MCV 90 AWR 0 PRC 90 vs. RTE 80 Coverage was tight
3) MCV 90 AWR 0 PRC 0 vs. RTE 80 Coverage was tight

So if anyone can show me or explain to me how PRC works I would appreciate it. Ill go to the lab and experiment with it. Until then any other help is appreciated.
I feel like the big stat here is MCV. you don't need to be aware of your surroundings to follow a guy.

PRC is killing me right now though. I'm bringing up UTSA, and the option and play-action shred my defense. People talk about players still back-peddling out of running plays, I think it has alot to do with their PRC and AWR ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

How can we discern what a players awareness rating will be during recruiting? Is it even possible?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »