Home

Things that would make NCAA 12 the next NBA 2k11

This is a discussion on Things that would make NCAA 12 the next NBA 2k11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2010, 03:46 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Things that would make NCAA 12 the next NBA 2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
This debate is really getting old. I love editing rosters and getting players to play as they do in real life. But no, I don't have the time or patience to research and edit 5000+ players in the video game.

And to recap, most of the people "complaining," certainly have the right to request that ratings and tendencies are done right by the MAKERS of the game. Most people on here are one or more of the following:

1. Play Dynasty (editing 5000 players doesn't help after 2 years)
2. Play Online (editing doesn't help)
3. Don't have time to edit 5000 players
4. Don't WANT to edit 5000 players, they want to play.
5. Once Dynasties start, you can't edit any more. So no one can now edit and make Cam Newton a 97.

Does this make sense? Quit the lazy argument.
Ok and just how do you suppose EA is suppose to know tendencies of 5000+ college players?

The point is if you know what the ratings are suppose to do then why not do it yourself instead of depend on EA to do it since you already know ahead of time they don't seem to know half the players in the game.

Not just that but do you actually think EA has someone that watches footage of highschool kids that will be incoming Freshmen?

So you say it's not your job to edit the players yet you *&^%^ about the lack of ratings knowing full well that EA isn't going to do the job for you. Heck they didn't even rate the players in NBA Live for 3 straight years they used recycled ratings from 06 to 09 until i brought that public to the NBA Live boards and that's when they finally changed the ratings of the players in Live.

The bottom line is you either have time or you don't....if you don't have time well then i guess you'll just have to deal with what they release to you on the default roster and play the game. Not to mention they have kids who try to file law suits against them just for having their jersey # and appearance listed in the game..

So i highly doubt those tendencies will be delivered by EA any time soon to fit your needs....Roll up your sleeves and get to work or leave them down and roll with what they give you. Either way i could care less because next year i'm pretty sure you'll be one unhappy consumer again

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 10-30-2010 at 03:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2010, 01:13 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
I'm not seeing this at all. In fact, if my 5YPC back got 5 yards every carry, he'd be the only player touching the ball.

Actually though, most times my running backs will average between 3.5 and 4.5 yards per carry, and this will include a couple of 20+ yard runs (as well as obviously some stuffs). And I never run the option.

Perhaps YOU aren't being creative enough with your run game.
Sorry I wasn't clear in my post. I was actually talking about the CPU run game. I can get big runs with option and other plays at least once a game by myself but the CPU even with slider adjustments just gets an average and rarely big plays (I have adjusted this with broken tackles, but I shouldn't have too and it looks unrealistic). Speed adjustments made by changing thresholds make it easier to outrun the defense once past them, but that is not my complaint. My complaint is that currently the AI rarely gets past the 1st and 2nd line of defense (lineman and LB). You can get the same effect with speed by increasing the running back ability slider. Big name teams can still do this against scrubs, but middle level CPU teams never do this against an evenly matched team.

With regards to Linebackers. Note I said don't make their speed that great just improve acceleration. THat means slot and WR would burn them across the middle or deep on coverage. I don't want them intercepting etc... but I would like them in position to make a hit. On default sliders the slot can currently be 15 feet ahead of the linebacker that is certainly not realistic.

What I meant on the pass interaction was not having the misses be so egregious and the catches so great. By decreasing QB slider to 20 I can get off target throws with some WR reaches but they are almost always high. If they are misses they are almost always way off. What I would like to see are the passes that are just of the fingertips of a diving WR. I guess I would like to see misses closer to the reciever and the reciever make an attempt on the ball instead of just running the route and the ball whizzes past. Finally I would like to see intentional incompletes. Instead of always holding the ball and taking a sack or very rarely throwing away the ball it would be nice if CPU QB would throw the ball at the feet of a covered reciever.

Last edited by Oraeon1224; 10-30-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:56 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 2

When I hit the triangle button on defense and my guy actually jumps that's when I know they're making progress...until then, I've bought my last EA football game. In other words, until they iron out the lag in the controls and fix the player responsiveness to your input (on the controller) all that other stuff doesn't mean squat. As far as making it the next "NBA 2k11"...dream on, at this rate they're about 10 years from even being close.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #44
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody56
Need everything in offline dynasty to be editable. If I want to change a players height, weight, speed, jump etc, I should be able to.
This is key,please Ea give us this option.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:09 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
What I would like to see are the passes that are just of the fingertips of a diving WR. I guess I would like to see misses closer to the reciever and the reciever make an attempt on the ball instead of just running the route and the ball whizzes past.
I see that type of stuff a few times per game

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2010, 02:56 PM   #46
Rookie

stcloudgopher's Arena

OVR: 0

"2) Global uniform edits (if I want everyone on my team to have tight sleeves or long socks I dont want to have to go through every single person to set it).
6) More injuries + medical redshirts
8) Removal of season showdown, mascot mashup etc... no need to waste development time or space on these items that could be better used on other improvements. I was up 21-0 6:30 into a game yesterday and got -50 sportsmanship for going for in on 4th instead of attempting a 54 yard FG with a 13mph wind in my face... that's utterly stupid" - DrAnguish

These are three great ideas, especially No. 8. There was an interview I read (Game Informer, I believe) that mentioned the incredibly low percentage of gamers that play the Showdown and Mascot Mashup. That said, the RTG is the lowest played mode, especially after one season. The removal of these would, I imagine, create a lot of room on the disc that could be used for legacy issues and Dynasty problems.

I have a couple of things to add to the "wish list."
1. The ability to have more than one man motion. If I want to switch my TE to the other side of the formation before I HAVE to send my WR in motion, I should be able to do that. If I press A (to send my WR in motion per the play) before my TE is set, give me a penalty.
2. The removal of all the big hits. Unless, of course, they actually result in some bumps and bruises. Destroying a PR three times in a row might produce a fumble, but rarely do you see an injury.
3. Remove QB drop animation. This would go for PA passes as well. Let me control the drop. Instead of making my QB stop after 3 steps, and making me try and get him out of the pocket on a blitz, just let me do it from the get go.
4. Better option attacks. I key the DE, like I should, only to have the OLB take the pitch out of the air for a TD. I like to use the AF or GT playbook, but have been getting "picked off" on toss plays. I usually just quit the game after it happens.
5. Low throws. Couldn't tell you the last time I threw a ball low that hit the ground before the WR had a chance to dive for it.
6. Kick blocking. I've blocked one punt and zero FG/PAT. Once a season would be enough for me, not once in a game cycle.
7. Undefeated teams later in Dynasties. I'm sick of 6 or 7 teams going undefeated after 2014 in Offline Dynasties. And not just Boise State and TCU, but Texas, Miami, USC, Bama, and Ohio State were all undefeated in my Dynasty in 2016. I was SMU, went 11-1 (lost to Texas) in the Big 12 and did not get a BCS bid (ranked #9 in final BCS poll) because Nebraska had only 1 loss to Texas in B12 title game. Along with this would be the crazy stats that some of the Heisman winners acheive. For instance: I started a new Dynasty with Minnesota, and after the 2011 year, the Heisman went to Joe Avery, WR Hawaii. His stats were decent. 189 receptions, 2,571 yards, 22 TD. Not a bad season...
Old 10-31-2010, 05:14 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 4

Not just coach ratings. The coordinators need to affect CPU recruiting. I hate recruiting and CPU recruiting for the team you play for sucks but for the other teams of the same prestige they have no problem. I go over more idea's for coordinators and coaches here:

http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...were-game.html
Old 10-31-2010, 09:42 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

This has been a problem in Madden and NCAA for years, EA needs to slow down the no huddle offense, it's way too easy for a team to drive down the field in under a minute with no timeouts in this game. It's gotten to the point where if I'm trying to run out the clock and I get to 3rd and more than 4 yards and they have only one timeout I'll just pass the ball and risk the incomplete instead of running and forcing the other team to use their last timeout since it doesn't matter if the other team has timeouts

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »