Home

So whats the point of a pass rush?

This is a discussion on So whats the point of a pass rush? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2010, 10:56 AM   #17
Rookie

EZ Esquire's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: So whats the point of a pass rush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillapittpray
I totally understand what your saying im in my tenth game I do have a guy with 8 sacks and a few with 3 and 4 but it seems everytime I get close to the qb he throws off one leg across his body the most perfect pass and the wr catches it smh pisses me off!!!! if anything i should have a lot of INT's but thats not possible bc my db's stop as he throws the ball
This is the part that is frustrating but only because you come so close over and over just to have the QB do a 360 and then throw perfectly to a WR. The most frustrating part is when you play a bad team and you get the same results.

Like others have said though there should not be a ton of sacks. I average about 3 a game, although if I am a team with a great DL then the number goes up a little.

I think what the TC is talking about happens all the time. You would think with all the pressure and knockdowns that the QB would miss the WR a lot more. But instead you get perfect passes while the guy is doing back flips.

Trust me I get really upset all the time but it is only because I am always inches away from the sack but by the end of the game I notice I will have my average 3 sacks.

This is just the AI trying to make it realistic though. You should not get 6 sacks a game with every QB at 40% completion.

In the end I think it all works well but I will still reserve the right to get upset over and over during game play as I come inches away.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:00 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 28

Change pass block sliders to 40...It doesn't make it too easy (Heisman level). I find that using a speed DE or DT up the middle works. Also, it helps if your DB's can cover forcing the QB to hold the ball longer.

I know that pass rush is a point of frustration to many but the game forces you to use the spin and other skill moves to beat offensive tackles...
Old 10-25-2010, 09:28 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 9

I see this too, although I don't have the new patch and I get plenty of sacks. In my Tulane dynasty, I regularly lead the conference in sacks (or come close with around 40 sacks/season), but I am always last in pass defense. I have pretty good athletes in the secondary, and I'm always getting pressure, but when the QB gets the passes off they are usually very accurate. It does seem that QBs in the game are more accurate when under pressure than when not. It seems like every time I hit the QB right after he throws, its a big 1st down or a TD.

It's also not a problem that can simply be fixed by sliders, because the CPU passing game in nearly perfect when I'm not getting pressure (overthrows, underthrows, good passes, etc.)
Old 10-25-2010, 11:40 PM   #20
Banned

cr00v's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
No, my pass rush gets there quite often. Like I said, regardless of how fast I get to the QB, the cpu will automatically find an open guy anywhere from 2-20 yards downfield. I've had games with over 10 QB knockdowns and 0-1 sacks because of this.

You're really not seeing this at all?
Yes, before I sold this crap game I saw it constantly. The defense is broken on this game. What's the point of defensive scheming and mixing up the coverage if it's impossible to get pressure with your front four? No respect for defensive linemen. There is no way in hell an 80 overall LT should be consistently pancaking a 92 overall LE.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:02 AM   #21
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

Heighten your pass coverage slider. The tighter coverage will cause the QB accuracy rating to be stressed. The CPU QB will have to throw precision passes, QBs with low accuracy will be off target but will still make some good throws. Keep your pass rush slider @ 50, lower the CPUs by increments of 5 after every two or three games until you feel its balanced. SN: I have a Spd Threshold of 65, Heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2010, 12:39 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr00v
There is no way in hell an 80 overall LT should be consistently pancaking a 92 overall LE.
1) If you control the DL improperly, you will get pancaked every time by any player. You're almost certainly trying to make moves too early. Unfortunately, the game does a bad job of simulating the occasions where defensive players are allowed through the middle of the line completely untouched, as will sometimes happen in real life. However, if you're using your D-Line moves properly, it's not that tough to get through the O-Line.

2) Ignore overall ratings. An LT with extremely high ratings in pass black areas but extremely low ratings in run block areas could easily be an 80 overall and be pancaking most players often on passing plays (where you're most concerned with penetration and getting to the QB). Moreover, a DLinemen can easily have a 92 OVR without much ratings in the way of power/finesse moves, the moves that determine his ability to get by the o-linemen and avoid being pancaked. Plus...you might be doing the wrong type of moves. Maybe you're trying to finesse with a power dlinemen or power with a finesse dlinemen. Point is... ignore overall ratings. Look at the individual categories.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:15 AM   #23
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

I understand the argument that you should work just to get three sacks a game, but the way this is implemented is terrible. In real life its hard to get sacks because QB's are taught to throw the ball quickly before the D can get to them. In this game QB's hold the ball longer than Kobe Bryant, so its easy to get to the QB. But the cpu "makes up" for this by having the roboQB automatically find an open guy and put the ball perfectly between the numbers whenever there's pressure.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 34

I have no issues either.

Depending on matchups, I see pretty realistic pressure.

Some games, you are going to run into a good line, other games, you'll have a line that you'll beat up.

Sometimes you'll get him, sometimes you wont.

Of course, if you are playing on Heisman, throw all of that out the window.

The CPU is going to cheat, and that is all there is to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »