Home

Quick guide to making sense of the new recruiting csv

This is a discussion on Quick guide to making sense of the new recruiting csv within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2010, 10:15 AM   #25
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Quick guide to making sense of the new recruiting csv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
......I'm guessing that for Pocketscout's range (great app by the way man) the low end of the OVR range reflects if all the ratings were low, and the high is if they were all high, and.......

Yeah ... as far as I know. at least from the one you download online. The one you get before the season from the game (I don't even know how to do this) supposedly has everything. I think that for WR's, it shows it when you're recruiting so I just kinda look at my ratings and then go in and see who has decent acceleration and who doesn't... Easier than figuring out a new way to do it all.
Exactly, I look at each attribute grade (ie A) and the first pass it will use the highest possible rating (ie 93) for each attribute and see what the play could be rated. Then I go back and rerun the calculations with the lowest possible rating for each grade. To get the avg I just use the highest and lowest and then divide by two.

The online one ea provides has limited data for each position as it has been noted. For ps3 users this is a good as it gets. But 360 users can save their dynasty file (from the preseason) and my program will process each recruit and show every rating for the player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2010, 01:57 PM   #26
Rookie

nmm666's Arena

OVR: 0

I just went to pull the info for my OD today, and I don't see information for Athletes. Has this been removed?

Any idea why the CSV sheet wouldn't give us letter grades for all the rankings? As another poster pointed out, some key rankings for a certain positions aren't in the CSV file, and I'm not about to go through the prospects and populate the sheet manually.

Pretty neat little feature though, I just wish it was more complete.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:51 AM   #27
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Damn! They changed it. Totally for the better, but totally means a bunch more work! This guide is 100% null and void... thank you.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:54 AM   #28
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Looks like another version for Pocketscout! LOL... sorry man had to..
Old 11-08-2010, 02:54 AM   #29
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Looks like another version for Pocketscout! LOL... sorry man had to..
Already finished it up, check out the sig I figured they would fix it at some point, just didnt expect it so soon.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:53 AM   #30
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
Already finished it up, check out the sig I figured they would fix it at some point, just didnt expect it so soon.
Nice work!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #31
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Damn! They changed it. Totally for the better, but totally means a bunch more work! This guide is 100% null and void... thank you.
Holy crap, you weren't kidding. Night and day improvement by EA in this spreadsheet they generate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2010, 05:12 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

Updates to the Dynasty Data Exports.
Quote:
I sent in the list of fixes you PMd me this morning:

1. In the "Roster" download, the column for Hometown/State isn't enclosed in "", so it's treated like two separate columns when opened as a csv file. This means that the headers do not match up with the data, and differs from the "Prospects" download.
2. The "Roster" file doesn't include three ratings: Throw Accuracy, Press Coverage, and Return.
3. For the "Prospects" download, the only headers that are contained in the file are for QBs. Other positions are in the file, but no headers are included.
4. For the "Prospects" download, for the DE, DT, OLB and MLB positions, one column isn't properly saved. It's probably supposed to be Finesse Move, but comes out as "F" grade for every player.

And just got back a response that the fixes should now be deployed.

Yes, they’re all fixed and live. I just verified again on the Prod site to be sure. Also, you may want to note in responses that I also separated out Hometown, State in Roster and Prospects so they could be sorted separately, and I also separated out the Prospects’ Top10 schools so they could be sorted uniquely as well!

Also, this:
Quote:
So apparently they fixed it, however they also took away the ability to "peek" at ATH ratings that aren't on the ATH player card. There is now only one record for all ATHs and only shows the same information that the web-app shows

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »