Home

Just Wondering..

This is a discussion on Just Wondering.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #33
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4
I lost count of the season I'm in. I believe it's season 10 or 11. I play every game. I sim if up 35 or more in the 3rd or 28 in the 4th. I will sometimes sim the defense just for the added challenge that comes with me not controlling the D. I play on heisman with 8 min quarters. First 8 or 9 seasons were with Oklahoma state. Last two have been with Tennessee. Taking over the new squad after all that time was a trip.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:44 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Just Wondering..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellamoaaron
I always play every game of my dynasties. One loss on a sim is the difference between National Championship or some insignificant bowl game.
That's why you take off autosave, save your dynasty, then sim the game. If you lose, just back out of the dynasty as it won't be saved and try again.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
That's why you take off autosave, save your dynasty, then sim the game. If you lose, just back out of the dynasty as it won't be saved and try again.
That's an interesting way of spending $59.99.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 05:45 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
yep, for me, the reason why the game is still interesting, is the possibility of losing...
Old 10-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
First off, it's my $59.99, not yours. Secondly, I only do that in games where I know I'm going to win. I don't know why you'd sim a game against a quality opponent, but to each his own.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #38
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14

I play every game in my dynasty. I can't simulate games, I feel like I'm not in control, LOL

This Is Alabama Football.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:45 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
First off, it's my $59.99, not yours. Secondly, I only do that in games where I know I'm going to win. I don't know why you'd sim a game against a quality opponent, but to each his own.
I understand that it's your $59.99 & not mine. I merely commented that it was an interesting way to spend $59.99. If you told me you purchased Rapala Fishing Frenzy 2009, I'd also comment about your interesting way of spending $59.99.

But if you're only simming games you know you're going to win, why do you need to turn of autosave so you can reload in the case you don't win?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UATide
I play every game in my dynasty. I can't simulate games, I feel like I'm not in control, LOL
I'm on board with this comment. When I play video games, I have play from the point of view of someone. When I'm playing NCAA Football, I have to assume it's the point of view of the head coach (or sometimes I choose to supersim D and control Offense, in which case, I'm the O-Coordinator, etc).

A coach who only showed up to coach 3 or 4 games a season (or however many that is less than ALL OF THEM) likely wouldn't keep his job for very long... so in keeping with the realism, I choose to play all of my games.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:36 AM   #40
Rookie

mnAD28's Arena

OVR: 0

I play all of my games. I did an offline dynasty with Minnesota and after six seasons and 3 nc's, I started a new dynasty with Miami of Ohio. I really don't have the luxury of easy games, plus I enjoy the challenge and just enjoy playing this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »