Home

Penalties Experiment

This is a discussion on Penalties Experiment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Penalties Experiment

Mostly everybody has found a slider set that has given them gameplay they enjoy. But no one has really found a good ground for penalties. most people have everything set to 100 and a few things at 55 because they don't see enough penalties. But even at 100, only three penalties are called usually. Those are holding, clipping, and facemask. The occasional roughing the passer shows up, buts thats it. I have seen 3 pass interferences I believe since the game has come out.

To increase the chances of these penalties I have set them to 100 just like everyone else, but that has done nothing. So I thought that we, OS members, should come together and try and do an experiment on penalties.

We should all play with the same sliders, or default setting, the same teams at the same venue, with differing penalty settings.

So, for example, everyone plays as Tulsa @ Mid Tenn State on default All American 5 minute quarters in the Kibbie Dome. But player A has all penalties set to 55, player B has everything at 60 except the main three, play C has everything at 65, and so on. We could play the game two or three times and see who has the biggest variety in penalties on average. This would help us finally get a universal slider setting that gets a better number of penalties going.

So, is anyone interested? I will create a list so we can keep this organized.

Penalties at 55
Penalties at 60
Penalties at 65
Penalties at 70
Penalties at 75 (Canes 21)
Penalties at 80
Penalties at 85
Penalties at 90
Penalties at 95
Penalties at 100

* Keep holding, clipping, and facemask at 55 at all times. When we finish this, we could even try this with penalties at 45, 40, 35, etc.

Just comment if you would like to try this and at what penalties settings.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Penalties Experiment

At 100, if you use hardcounts you'll have nonstop offsides and false starts called. I keep offsides at 50, which results in the occasional offsides if the computer is getting too ansy with the snap jump, and false start even lower (10-25), which still gets called now and then but not to the ridiculous level it is on default (50) which almost makes mixing your snapcount suicidal.

Same for facemask. You'll get one once in a while at default (50). It's the kind of penalty you might see once, or not at all, in a game. Setting it to 100 resulted in at least 2 or 3 every single game for me.

The ones that need to be set very high are both roughing penalties and pass interference penalties. Even THEN you rarely see them called. Although if I pull the kind of constant late hits the computer does manually controlling a player they WILL be called. As for PI, you can pretty much mug any receiver on the field and get away with it quite a bit. Even at 100. Same for the CPU's defense.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:00 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Penalties Experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
At 100, if you use hardcounts you'll have nonstop offsides and false starts called. I keep offsides at 50, which results in the occasional offsides if the computer is getting too ansy with the snap jump, and false start even lower (10-25), which still gets called now and then but not to the ridiculous level it is on default (50) which almost makes mixing your snapcount suicidal.
I'm not sure exactly what my sliders are at, but I know I didn't move false start too much, and I don't really have much of a problem.

In real football, false start happens about as often, or perhaps slightly more often than offsides/encroachment. However you set your sliders, they should reflect this.

If you play 8 minute quarters and are averaging 3 offsides/encroachment per game, then you should average 3-4 false starts per game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »