Home

Running Back Pitches on Option Plays

This is a discussion on Running Back Pitches on Option Plays within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 21
Running Back Pitches on Option Plays

I was just curious if there's any sort of stat for pitching the ball on option plays or anything like that. I've been screwing around with some stuff on my dynasty where I recruited a trio of awesome running backs. I've been lining up the QB, FB, and HB all as these three HB's and it seems like my pitches have been pretty awful.

It's probably just me, but I made a ton of bad pitches in the game I tested this out. Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 01:15 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Running Back Pitches on Option Plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Evildoer
I was just curious if there's any sort of stat for pitching the ball on option plays or anything like that. I've been screwing around with some stuff on my dynasty where I recruited a trio of awesome running backs. I've been lining up the QB, FB, and HB all as these three HB's and it seems like my pitches have been pretty awful.

It's probably just me, but I made a ton of bad pitches in the game I tested this out. Any ideas?
Awareness, I think. But I'm not 100% sure.

A better option would be to run the Triple Option lining the RBs up as FB and the two Wingback players and still keep a QB at QB (and probably a scrambling QB). Also, the Wildcat is an option to get all 3 on the field at the same time (though there aren't really the plays where the player receiving snaps hands off to the fullback like there used to be, or maybe I just can't find them).
Old 10-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Awareness, I think. But I'm not 100% sure.

A better option would be to run the Triple Option lining the RBs up as FB and the two Wingback players and still keep a QB at QB (and probably a scrambling QB). Also, the Wildcat is an option to get all 3 on the field at the same time (though there aren't really the plays where the player receiving snaps hands off to the fullback like there used to be, or maybe I just can't find them).
That's definitely not a bad idea. I've recently switched it back to have my scrambling QB under center but I've also switched to the Wake Forest playbook and have my three HB's in on the Wishbone. Not sure that I want to change my team to a Georgia Tech-style triple option team though.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Myself, I just tend to use formation subs a lot to make sure all my RBs are getting touches.

I use Tulane, which has 4 I-Form, 2 Strong I, 1 Week I, and the Split Back formation. I use formation subs (from coach strategy, pre-game) to make sure I have a good mix of RBs getting touches in these formations. And then in-game I use the right stick formation subs to make sure to get another players getting touches as well (Fullback in, HB Spell, RB Swap, Dual RB Swap, RB in Slot, Jumbo, etc).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »