Home

How did YOUR love for football games begin?

This is a discussion on How did YOUR love for football games begin? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2010, 10:27 AM   #9
Rookie

demondecs21's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How did YOUR love for football games begin?

Got some madden games for my sega, then i really got excited when PlayStation came out with Ncaa football 99 (Charles Woodson on the cover) always had trouble desideing weather to play that or Ncaa gamebreaker 99 belive eric crouch was on that cover.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:58 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Bill Walsh Football in 1993, EA's first college football title. I was in heaven.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #11
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1

[quote=TheCreep;2041797644] (Can I get my Ion schutt, and fix the facemasks please)

Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2010, 08:57 PM   #12
Rookie

John Elway's football and then Super Tecmo Bowl in '91, Bill Walsh's College Football, and then Joe Montana's NFL 94 for the sega genesis.

Even though they failed in producing a good game on the PS2, 989 sports NCAA Gamebreaker 2000 for the PS1 was awesome too.

When NCAA Football 2002 was released for the PS2...that felt "Next Gen" to me. It was a HUGE leap ahead of anything previously available. Loved mashing the rock with CU and WASH and winning bowl games!
Old 11-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #13
Rookie

Grizz83's Arena

I was 12 years old, living in a trailer park. The girl/tom boy in the trailer behind me just got this high tech box called a NES. She showed me Techmo Super Bowl Football. The graphics were absolutely beautiful. When Brad Muster would bust through the line, it was just like it was on sundays. I've lost track of the number of copies I have bought of this game. And I still edit the rosters on my computer to this day.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #14
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
I was ten years old and went to my cousins house for a few weeks. He had a football game called Front Page Sports Football. It had a read manual, you could control EVERYTHING!! I was never happier. For the next 7 years I bought every version of FBPRO that was released. Even the recalled 99 version.

I have longer for a game that I could export stats with ease. I love numbers and they were right there. Now we finally have online dynasty exports and I can not describe how over joyed I am. It has been 12 years of having to hand record stats, I love the NCAA series but man has it sucked so bad. Now it has come full circle and my entry into football simulations (FBPRO, first game was Tecmo on NES) and I still wish the NCAA series has all the data export abilities that FBPRO did. Atleast things are getting better.

Edit:
For that matter we even had online dynasties back in 1993. I always loved playing in the college based leagues. There were was a full gameplan editor. You could basically have a full setup of what to call on any down and distance. It was simply amazing. I still wish NCAA would catchup to some of this. Maybe by 2013 these "New Ground Breaking" features will make there way into the game.
Ditto. I could have written this post almost word for word.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 28

First off, great thread....

I remember the Mattel handheld games...Head-to-Head Football was awesome.

For me, my venture into virtual football games started with electric football. For those that aren't old like I am, electric football consisted of 11 plastic men on each side with the players molded into different stances. You could apply numbers to the players for realism.

Tudor (which actually still makes the fields and teams) made a Super Bowl set that came with the Pittsburgh Steelers and Dallas Cowboys. You could order additional teams through the mail. I had all 28 teams (YES, there used to be 28 teams)....

Once you numbered the teams, you could put the players on stands, which were plastic holders that allowed the players to vibrate across the field. The game took imagination...To have night games, we would turn off all the lights and put a reading lamp over the field...It was awesome

My first video game was Intellivision NFL Football. It was awesome but the controller was brutal and it was a 2-player game only but man did I have battles with my brothers...

Then I owned a Commodore 64. Computer QB was a text based sim and it was sweet. Nothing beats a 5 1/4" floppy...I, too, owned 4th and Inches, one of the best football games I ever played. I had the team creation disk and had fun building a RB that weighed 710 pounds (the max)....

Tecmo Bowl was the first game I played that had real players but my addiction really started with the first Madden for the Genesis. The 3D graphics at that time were incredible.

With all the complaints that people make today, it is a shame that some don't appreciate what we have. I would have crapped my pants if games looked and played like today's games when I was a kid. I would have never left my house....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #16
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
With all the complaints that people make today, it is a shame that some don't appreciate what we have. I would have crapped my pants if games looked and played like today's games when I was a kid. I would have never left my house....
This is the same way I feel. I love fbpro and all the export data that I could get my hands on, the gameplan feature, play editor, but with that said I still love NCAA. It's has come so far and it does have it's flaws and I wish there were certain things fixed and added but overall it is pretty impressive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »