Home

Running up the score? This may be what you get...

This is a discussion on Running up the score? This may be what you get... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Running up the score? This may be what you get...

So I am in year 4 my Idaho dynasty and am making some progress with recruits and prestige. I typically schedule two really bad teams and one team I think will be in the top 5 pre-season team. I scheduled Alabama at Alabama because, as usual, they were stacked.

It was a game that I knew I had little chance in but I found myself down by only 14 to start the 4th so in my mind there may be a chance. I get cut the lead in half midway though the quarter and stop them to get the ball back at my 35. After a 2 yard run I go play action pass and dump off for a 3rd and inches. I call a dive play to get the first and then promptly fumble in the pile as I try to get the yards. The LB that picks it up takes it to the house with 4 minutes left. I get the ball back and go in to flight mode. I drive 40 yards after the KO then throw an INT on a tip by a lineman that ends up in the hands of the same LB who again goes to the house.

At this point I know I'm done so after the kickoff I run three dives to kill time and then punt. They get the ball on their 40. They have a Heisman leading JR RB and he busts off three good runs and end up with 1st and goal on the 9 with just under a minute and me with no timeouts. Victory formation, right? Wrong. They go spread empty. The RB is lined up in the slot he catches the ball at the 3 and I simply tackle him. If shows him rolling in pain on the field. Next play he is not in and again they go spread empty with 35 seconds. I take my hard hitting SS and make a b-line for the QB and drill him after he lets go of the TD pass and get a late hit penalty. The best part, he is shown rolling on the ground. After the game I go to check the injury report and the RB has a broken elbow and is out for the season and the QB has a strained back and is out 8 weeks.

I would trade the result for a win but I loved what happened.

Why do we get loss of sportsmanship points yet the comp ignores victory formation in a blowout? Who cares Alabama is now down two great players because of the computers stupidity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2010, 08:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Running up the score? This may be what you get...

Love it (and is even better since it's Bama!)
Old 10-30-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is the first post that I've seen that alludes to losing something in the way of points for running up the score (of course, that also means I may be missing the ones that affirm being penalized).
Is this what happens? Sportsmanship points? Is that part of Coach Prestige, or another area?
I know, on just a few occasions, when I've thrown a short slant intending to push Heisman candidate QB over 400yds in a game (oops, caught on a blitz, taken to the house) or a RB over 100 or 200yds (damn, didn't mean to go all the way, s'pose I could've run OB but that TD looked so good). "Kirk" has come on with a comment, definitely with a different 'sound' than all the other in-game commentary, admonishing the coach for running up the score.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
This is the first post that I've seen that alludes to losing something in the way of points for running up the score (of course, that also means I may be missing the ones that affirm being penalized).
Is this what happens? Sportsmanship points? Is that part of Coach Prestige, or another area?
he means on that season showdown feature that no one cares about.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
I know, on just a few occasions, when I've thrown a short slant intending to push Heisman candidate QB over 400yds in a game (oops, caught on a blitz, taken to the house) or a RB over 100 or 200yds (damn, didn't mean to go all the way, s'pose I could've run OB but that TD looked so good). "Kirk" has come on with a comment, definitely with a different 'sound' than all the other in-game commentary, admonishing the coach for running up the score.
It has zero effect on coach prestige. It just affects Season Showdown, which means basically nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2010, 05:53 PM   #6
Rookie

vusa92troy's Arena

OVR: 36

Great story about Bama running up the score and payin' for it.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:08 PM   #7
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

So much for that thing called sportsmanship that EA pushes like crazy. It would be cool if them running up the score was related to something like coaching personality (like Saban would do), but of course, it's not.

Oh well, the fact that it happened to Bama is awesome!
Old 10-30-2010, 10:15 PM   #8
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm not a fan of being up big at halftime and getting negative sportsmanship points throwing harmless passes with my backup early in the 3rd quarter.

I know its meaningless, its just annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »