Home

Instant Classic Scores?

This is a discussion on Instant Classic Scores? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Instant Classic Scores?

Anybody have a clue as to how the AI scores and ranks these?

I had a pretty mundane 28-21 win, where I was never behind, just had to score once a quarter, hold them off...led by 14 until their final drive...

Two Ints by me, no fumbles, no turnovers by the CPU team....

Somehow this got a 600+ score and is now ranked 3rd of about 10 classics I've played ALL of which were waaaay more interesting / exciting than this one...

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
Rookie

vusa92troy's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Instant Classic Scores?

IDK, but I once had a 1500 score. It was amazing!
Old 10-30-2010, 10:53 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

I just played a ~1500 game. I was up 42 - 28 with a couple minutes left, CPU came back and tied it with 4 seconds left in regulation. In overtime, I scored a touchdown then picked off the CPU on 3rd and 11. It replaced my previous #1, in which I was down 30 - 10, fought back to bring it 30 - 24, drove down the field in a 2 minute drill, got stuffed at the goaline as time expired.

Two awesome games that were exhilarating and very enjoying (and more interesting than the other ones on the list... remember them much better as well.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:49 PM   #4
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

I had a 4,000 instant classic score against Virginia. Here's how it went down...

They scored a TD in the last minute to take the lead, and I took Navy down the field in 30 seconds to tie the game back up again. So we go to OT, and they got the ball first. They scored on their FIRST Play! I eventually answered with a TD of my own.

Fast forward to the 3rd OT, they score AGAIN but in 4 plays, and MISS the 2 point conversion. Then I had a 4th and goal at the 6. I ran a 4 verticals and passed to Gee Gee Greene for the game tying TD. Go for 2, I dropped back to pass, nobody was open so I had to scramble around, but they had a spy on my QB! So I'm practically stuck waiting for someone to get open. I run from the right, to the left side of the field, and my best WR pushes off the CB to get open for the 2 point conversion, therefore winning me the game. Final score Navy 43 Virginia 41

That's how you get a 4,000 Classic score
Old 10-31-2010, 12:06 AM   #5
Rookie

TeachMeHowToBucky's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amaizen Blue
I had a 4,000 instant classic score against Virginia. Here's how it went down...

They scored a TD in the last minute to take the lead, and I took Navy down the field in 30 seconds to tie the game back up again. So we go to OT, and they got the ball first. They scored on their FIRST Play! I eventually answered with a TD of my own.

Fast forward to the 3rd OT, they score AGAIN but in 4 plays, and MISS the 2 point conversion. Then I had a 4th and goal at the 6. I ran a 4 verticals and passed to Gee Gee Greene for the game tying TD. Go for 2, I dropped back to pass, nobody was open so I had to scramble around, but they had a spy on my QB! So I'm practically stuck waiting for someone to get open. I run from the right, to the left side of the field, and my best WR pushes off the CB to get open for the 2 point conversion, therefore winning me the game. Final score Navy 43 Virginia 41

That's how you get a 4,000 Classic score
Why would you go for 2?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2010, 12:22 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

My highest this year is 4340. It was a conference championship game and I was down by 30 at the start of the 4th quarter. With some lucky fumbles and a pick 6 I got the score within 2. I onside kick and recovered it. No timeouts left so I tried to pass to give my K an easy kick. I ended up catching a tipped pass and going down with around 13 seconds left. Clock is ticking and I am panicking thinking its not enough time to get my FG team on the field. Well they get on the field for a 55 yard FG. I managed to get the kick off right as the clock hit 1 second. The ball hit the cross bar and it bounced in giving me the most ridiculous comeback in 14 years of football gaming.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:26 AM   #7
Rookie

ManWithBag's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachMeHowToBucky
Why would you go for 2?
After the second overtime, by rule teams must attempt a two point conversion.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:20 AM   #8
Rookie

vusa92troy's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane79013
My highest this year is 4340. It was a conference championship game and I was down by 30 at the start of the 4th quarter. With some lucky fumbles and a pick 6 I got the score within 2. I onside kick and recovered it. No timeouts left so I tried to pass to give my K an easy kick. I ended up catching a tipped pass and going down with around 13 seconds left. Clock is ticking and I am panicking thinking its not enough time to get my FG team on the field. Well they get on the field for a 55 yard FG. I managed to get the kick off right as the clock hit 1 second. The ball hit the cross bar and it bounced in giving me the most ridiculous comeback in 14 years of football gaming.
I think that I would hit eject on the game machine, put the disk back into the box and retire from the game. NCAA 11 on eBay for sale the next morning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »