Home

EA AutoLog - NCAA 12 needs this!!

This is a discussion on EA AutoLog - NCAA 12 needs this!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
EA AutoLog - NCAA 12 needs this!!

I recently played the Need for Speed Hot Pursuit demo and it has a wonderful feature called AutoLog. Since online against the world in NCAA is worthless due to cheesing wouldn't it be great instead if we could have a feature like this in NCAA 12? Rather than try to explain it I will post what AutoLog is from the Need for Speed Hot Pursuit FAQ. Imagine this sort of feature applied in NCAA 12..

Autolog is a suite of connected features that allows you to connect, compare and compete with your friends playing NFS Hot Pursuit. Autolog tracks everything that you do, automatically compares it with your friends and broadcasts the results of these comparisons directly into your game. For each event you will see a SpeedWall, this is essentially a leaderboard for that event showing you how you are doing against your friends. Autolog will track and display your times, the car you used and the number of attempts that you've made on each event. Autolog will also deliver the latest news to you based on what your friends have been playing. Pressing R1 or RT on an event will cycle the information so that you can get to what you want to see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Re: EA AutoLog - NCAA 12 needs this!!

Oh and if you've not done so already I'd highly recommend you get the demo (it goes away on the 9th) so you can see what I mean plus it's just an overall great game if you at all like racing.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:50 AM   #3
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

So I guess the theory is we see their run/pass ratio, % of plays ran multiple times in a game, number of actual different plays used per game, etc?

Sure it could work but it only applies to our friends. We obviously wont friend cheesers. I assume you'd want this to be applied to everyone then?

I'd rather just have a cheeser mark. At the end of a game you can mark whether they played cheese or sim. The % of people who voted cheese is displayed above their name in the lobby. Would take the effort out of looking at all their passing percentages and the like.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:31 AM   #4
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
So I guess the theory is we see their run/pass ratio, % of plays ran multiple times in a game, number of actual different plays used per game, etc?
Yes the game could really benefit from something like this, especially for online dynasty where you could check and see what plays are being run from what formations in what situations, which players are playing in the formations etc etc. Easily weed out the cheesers.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:11 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

BlastX21 - i think you're missing the point though, it's not about cheesing when you're comparing yourself to friends, it's simply about competition and seeing how your friends are doing and then trying to best them.

Bulletsponge - I agree with that it'd be cool to see tendencies but I'm talking more about stuff like this NFS game where it'd show things like:

"Ghostrider76 beat Notre Dame by 24 points using Maryland Terps" Then you'd think "I could do better than that, so you'd take Maryland and try to beat Notre Dame by more than 24 points.

or

"Ghostrider76 has now beat all top 25 teams" and then you'd think, hmmm...well I've beaten 17 or 18, but not all top 25 teams..so I best get on that. Of course they could have a leaderboard of all of your friends with their win-loss percentage (for ALL games they've played) and win %.

So yeah I think it'd be great to see all the typical football stats & tendencies but I'm thinking about this more like seeing what your friends are doing in the game accomplishment-wise and then you view that as a challenge to see if you can beat and 1 up what they did. It would really add a lot of replayability to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
I'd rather just have a cheeser mark. At the end of a game you can mark whether they played cheese or sim. The % of people who voted cheese is displayed above their name in the lobby. Would take the effort out of looking at all their passing percentages and the like.
With the maturity of most online gamers, most people that win will get hit with the cheeser mark. You could play as sim as possible, but beat someone by 14 and he'll either
  • Mark you as a cheeser just to be a douche or
  • mark you as a cheeser because he's clueless and really thought you cheesed when you didn't.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-04-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Yeah, I agree jello, that's why I'm saying, using your friends list for this sort of thing and everything going forward is what would work for people more than doing a system like we have now where you are comparing yourself to everyone in the online world, 85% of which is cheeser.

I was just thinking about this the other night, I was thinking, man I play NCAA all the time and yet I'm not really ranked anywhere on the leaderboard. Why is that? Oh yeah, because I hardly ever play ranked games against cheesers, not because i'm a bad player.

I think most of us OSers are in that same boat. So instead of doing like we have in the past, trying to figure out how to eliminate cheesing or at least making it less so in ranked games so we can feel included in online stuff, we should focus on comparing ourselves to our family and friends who aren't doing exploits. I mean it makes sense because when we play in leagues we compare ourselves to those in the league more than we compare ourselves to the top 10 players on the leaderboard.

EA and ALL sports gaming companies should take this idea of competing LOCALLY amongst friends on your Xbox Live list instead of NATIONALLY against EVERYONE and implement in all of their games IMO. I'd rather compare myself online to people I know aren't cheaters than I would compare myself to the world of cheese that is out there.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

P.S. I know people will come in and say "Well I don't care about being #1 on the rankings"....that's not what I'm really talking about, I'm just talking about comparing yourself in all areas of the game. I don't really care if I'm 1st or 5th on my friends list, but I do find it interesting that maybe I'm the best at passing or maybe I'm the best coach at stopping the run. Or maybe that I play the most hours of anyone. There are lots of ways you could compare yourself to other players without the standard win-loss record.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »