Home

Redshirting question...

This is a discussion on Redshirting question... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Redshirting question...

I had a player I wanted to redshirt but somehow he got missed. Since there's no way to go back and redshirt him now that we're in week 1, can I simply bench him off the depth chart and he'll automatically get a redshirt year (assuming he has no stats)?

He's got solid ratings so I'm afraid the CPU will just stick him in there even if he's not on the chart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Redshirting question...

As far as I know that won't work. Even if you bench him (put him as low as you can on the depth chart, or take him off completely) there's no way of knowing whether or not the system will put him in as a sub at some point in the game or on special teams, etc...

The best thing you can do is just redshirt him next year (if that's an option)...
Old 11-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
Pro

crowhop's Arena

OVR: 4

If he doesn't play, he will auto-redshirt.
Take him off the depth chart and check the depth chart for all of the positions he might be liable to play (I had a backup QB who was rated 77 at WR and would come in as the 5th WR late in games). It will be something you will have to babysit the rest of the year, I'm afraid.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #4
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3

Like the other guy said, if he doesn't play at all, he will get redshirted. I just had it happen with my punter last season, I put my kicker in at all the kicking spots because he was awesome, and my punter ended up redshirting. It works out well, just make sure the guy doesn't play, and he will be redshirted.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:34 PM   #5
Rookie

vusa92troy's Arena

OVR: 36

One of my 'house rules' is to only RS incoming Freshman and this is a little trick that I play on myself to RS JUCO kids.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sorry for the newbie questions here, trying to get up to the same speed most of y'all are at.

1) read earlier in a different post about someone who RSd a QB as a HB instead which, supposedly, will heighten his 'rushing' skills before changing his POS back to QB after the RS year. Does this really work? Would it work with other POS's, such as maybe switching a TE to WR during his RS year to increase his speed or catch ratings? Or maybe OLB to SS for coverage increases, or visa versa for tackling improvement?

2) a little off the mark of the RS issue...does playing a backup in games help with their 'training' increases during that phase between seasons? I haven't noticed if the training result increases I've seen each season have any correlation to playing time or statistics (would be surprising, though, as my punter has almost always been the most improved guy and I've had a lot of successes the past few years leaving him w/o a ton of punting opportunities). I've been in a couple of blowouts to start this new 'season' and have played down to 3rd QB, each of the 4 HBs I have on the depth chart, and the backup FS (to the All-American guy that I usually control). Would be nice to know that if I keep doing this it would pay off from season to season.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
Sorry for the newbie questions here, trying to get up to the same speed most of y'all are at.

1) read earlier in a different post about someone who RSd a QB as a HB instead which, supposedly, will heighten his 'rushing' skills before changing his POS back to QB after the RS year. Does this really work? Would it work with other POS's, such as maybe switching a TE to WR during his RS year to increase his speed or catch ratings? Or maybe OLB to SS for coverage increases, or visa versa for tackling improvement?

2) a little off the mark of the RS issue...does playing a backup in games help with their 'training' increases during that phase between seasons? I haven't noticed if the training result increases I've seen each season have any correlation to playing time or statistics (would be surprising, though, as my punter has almost always been the most improved guy and I've had a lot of successes the past few years leaving him w/o a ton of punting opportunities). I've been in a couple of blowouts to start this new 'season' and have played down to 3rd QB, each of the 4 HBs I have on the depth chart, and the backup FS (to the All-American guy that I usually control). Would be nice to know that if I keep doing this it would pay off from season to season.
I've never thought about the scenario in your first Q. I know that the player's awareness rating will be very low if you swap him back and forth between 2 positions.

Interested in hearing the thoughts of some the more experienced guys on here...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »