Home

Improving player ratings

This is a discussion on Improving player ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Improving player ratings

Sorry for the newbie questions here, trying to get up to the same speed most of y'all are at, and I know someone here has these answers.

1) read earlier in a different post about someone who RSd a QB as a HB instead which, supposedly, will heighten his 'rushing' skills before changing his POS back to QB after the RS year. Does this really work? Would it work with other POS's, such as maybe switching a TE to WR during his RS year to increase his speed or catch ratings? Or maybe OLB to SS for coverage increases, or visa versa for tackling improvement?

2) Does playing a backup in games help with their 'training' increases during that phase between seasons? I haven't noticed if the training result increases I've seen each season have any correlation to playing time or statistics (would be surprising, though, as my punter has almost always been the most improved guy and I've had a lot of successes the past few years leaving him w/o a ton of punting opportunities). I've been in a couple of blowouts this season and have played down to 3rd QB, each of the 4 HBs I have on the depth chart, and the backup FS (to the All-American guy that I usually control). Would be nice to know that if I keep doing this it would pay off from season to season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Improving player ratings

All I know about #2 is that this is the way it worked in Madden last year; if you played your backups, or if players got more starts, it would help increase their ratings further based on their potential.

For #1, I'm assuming that would work just fine. When you redshirt a player to another position it causes them to now progress in the stats of that other position, so they would definitely gain rushing skills. Unless the game protected against this in some way, switching them back to QB would likely see a further reduction in AWR, but I'm not aware of any other stat changes. You might want to experiment with a normal depth chart and check this out though - some positions will lose things like agility when being moved from one to another.

Last edited by pyronite; 11-16-2010 at 09:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »