Home

Getting Sacks on the QB

This is a discussion on Getting Sacks on the QB within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2010, 11:14 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Getting Sacks on the QB

The play i use on D that really helps me get sacks is Buck Slant in the Nickel Formation. I usually always control the Left DE and usually get a free shot on the QB. This play alone helped me win the Lombardi Award twice with 2 different DE's at Eastern Michigan (Both had 20+ sacks).
Old 11-11-2010, 12:52 AM   #10
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

I typically get 1-2 coverage sacks per game by occasionally playing zone while in dime (cover 2 or cover 3) and having my MLB break out of his zone coverage by sticking close to his man. That seems to discombobulate the CPU QB, who holds onto the ball too long, resulting in a sack.

But you can't do it too often or the CPU will pick apart the zone.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 11-11-2010, 09:45 AM   #11
MVP

8's Arena

OVR: 21

Also if you're controlling a LB,S, or CB and blitzing with that player I've found that just like in real life timing is everything. If you time the snap just right it raises your chance of getting to the QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #12
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

I like to use the LE. I normally put my DE with the highest FMV or PMV at the LE and I will manually rush with him. Ill scout my opponent and if their guard is weaker than their tackle I will try to attack him a good bit as well.

On first down I like to call a blitz to between my DT and LE and I will pinch down so im on the guards inside shoulder, dt is over the center and the lb is going to try and squeeze between us. When I do this my goal is not to get loose, but to tie up the blocker and let the lb through untouched. Doing this I get a 3-4 sacks a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »