Home

Fatigue and the Air Raid offernse

This is a discussion on Fatigue and the Air Raid offernse within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Fatigue and the Air Raid offernse

So I run the air raid offense with quite a bit of success 'statistically' in my OD. My team in a 2 star teambuilder team that we placed in the SEC. My biggest problem, it seems, is that my players get fatigued to the point that my QB makes some absolutely ridiculous throws by the end of the game, and has cost me multiple contests (yes I have cost myself games with piss poor coaching, but there are other times, as witnessed by others, that they are slackjawed wondering what the heck the QB was thinking - throwing the ball to the right side of the field when the receiver was on the left, etc...)

FYI - normally I have my gameplay style set to aggressive, I've thought about making that conservative, or having a few formations where my backup QB is formation subbed in, just to give my starter (who regularly gets over 500 yards passing per game, with 50-60 throws) a breather so he's fresher at the end of the game.

Anyone have any ideas on how to lessen the fatigue affects later in the game, but still be able to run an effective Air Raid?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fatigue and the Air Raid offernse

i think that most of the issues come from the way the game determines how ratings affect each player. What I mean is that your players will perform relative to the ratings of the other team. For example: My QB is a run first guy in my offline dynasty. In a game against a lower rated team(C-'s vs B's) I iced the game by letting him carry the ball 9 times from the wildcat. He was yellow at the end of the drive. In a game vs Oklahoma(all A's) he was orange after the first carry(first play too) of the game.
It helps to lay off the sprint button. Some people hold the sprint button while moving around in the pocket. I'm not sure if the game even realizes if you're not moving.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

If you have aggressive tempo set, that's almost definitely the issue. I run Air Raid (Texas Tech) with a fourth-year Oregon team, lots of hurry-up when I'm going against a human opponent, and even after a drive down the field the only consistently yellow fatigue player is my weak link on the O-Line (the guy's like a 72 overall with terrible stamina).

The other thing might be if you're scrambling, or maybe your QB just has a very bad stamina rating and can't keep up. Normally I have to really pound on my players play after play to see any stamina effects.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #4
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

If you stay in the pocket, you won't have any trouble with an aggressive tempo setting; however, if you scramble a lot or call a lot of QB designed runs, his stamina is going to deplete quickly with aggressive tempo because he simply isn't getting any rest. Bumping this down to normal or conservative would probably help some.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

So I dropped the gameplan tempo down to balanced... as well at the first sight that my QB is throwing wacky passes I sub him for my backup (basically a solid 2 QB rotation) and I stick with the hot hand. So far this has helped me win a few games that I definitely would have lost under my old system.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »