Home

Next Years NCAA will be Awesome!

This is a discussion on Next Years NCAA will be Awesome! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Next Years NCAA will be Awesome!

Some say I'm a bit negative but I have really high hopes for next years game.

NCAA 2009 and 2011 were dynasty heavy and very arcade-like. Sometimes its like Tecmo Bowl trying to stop some offenses.

NCAA 2010 was very defensive minded game.

My fellow Online Dynasty members and I have a theory that there are two teams that make NCAA when it comes to the devs.

Its my favorite teams year next year and I can't wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #2
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Next Years NCAA will be Awesome!

I don't think that are two teams working on it, just one team trying different things.. They saw that NCAA 10 wasn't to popular amongst the more hardcore demographic and went back to the 09 type formula.. Hopefully they can find a perfect for 12..
Old 11-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have high hopes every year...can't say im let down, as I make due.
I've come to learn that gameplay is gameplay. And quite honestly, I love this year's game. Only thing missing is the eye black. ha!
Oh, and how those ankle braces turn white.
The sliders I have, manye...their just nice. Some blowouts...some tough losses, even though i have high ranked teams. It just happens.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I think your the first person I've seen refer to NCAA 10 as a defensive minded game. NCAA '08 was probably the last "defensive minded" NCAA game this generation. plus NCAA 10 was more "arcade-like" or "Techmo bowl-like" than NCAA 11 with the over effective run/pass commit and 0 player momentum.

there are not 2 different dev teams, at least not in the way your thinking. they have a NCAA game team, and a central gameplay team(that works on both Madden and NCAA), but they all work on the game each year.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 11-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #5
Banned

Other than the ridiculous pass run commit bug. That was tecmo bowl-ish but the rest of the game defensively was much better. When people are going for it all the time on 4th down it tells you what kind of game this is. They probably should bring back fair play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #6
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Marshall X
Other than the ridiculous pass run commit bug. That was tecmo bowl-ish but the rest of the game defensively was much better. When people are going for it all the time on 4th down it tells you what kind of game this is. They probably should bring back fair play.
This, however with some stipulations. I think if they were to implement it universally they would lose a good portion of their fanbase (cheesers) since they wouldnt appreciate it as much.

I think if they created 2 lobbies where one had fair play and the other didnt, it would be the best thing they could do.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Marshall X
Some say I'm a bit negative but I have really high hopes for next years game.

NCAA 2009 and 2011 were dynasty heavy and very arcade-like. Sometimes its like Tecmo Bowl trying to stop some offenses.

NCAA 2010 was very defensive minded game.

My fellow Online Dynasty members and I have a theory that there are two teams that make NCAA when it comes to the devs.

Its my favorite teams year next year and I can't wait.
I think you're right.

I hate the whole "wait until next year," line, but I think it applies here. This year's game, IMO, was a huge step forward. I've had the game for almost four months now and still love playing it. It's not perfect and there are still a lot of issues that bother me (no true dual-threat QB's, no editing capabilities inside of a dynasty, etc...) but for the most part, this game has proven to be very solid.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:47 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
This, however with some stipulations. I think if they were to implement it universally they would lose a good portion of their fanbase (cheesers) since they wouldnt appreciate it as much.

I think if they created 2 lobbies where one had fair play and the other didnt, it would be the best thing they could do.
I definitely Agree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »