Home

Ten Essentials for NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Ten Essentials for NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2010, 11:47 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Ten Essentials for NCAA 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
We all have our own wishlists for the next installment of NCAA. Realistically however, EA will not implement all the changes we want to see. Therefore, what would you consider the ten essential changes/improvements/fixes for the next NCAA? Here's mine:

1. Include FCS Teams
2. ESPN/CBS/ABC Broadcast style integration
3. Customizable Playbooks
4. Accelerated Clock (for realistic stats playing 15 min quarters like in Madden)
5. Customizable Uniforms
6. Player Discipline in Dynasty Mode
7. Coaching Carousel
8. Gameday and BCS selection shows in Dynasty
9. Special Teams Play (more blocked punts, blocked kicks like in previous NCAAs)
10. Halftime Highlights and ingame updates from around the college football world in your dynasty.

If these ten features were in next year's game, I'd pay $70 dollars for it.

Is anyone from EA reading? :-)
#3 Customizable Playbooks
#4 Accelerated Clock

Those are my biggest wants. I actually love NCAA 11 except for the playbook issue and the clock issue.

More diversity in special team playbooks and more special team scenarios would help this game a lot too. Special teams play isn't any more advanced than tecmo bowl right.

NCAA 12 could be really fun for me if they add those two things. Playbook customization is a must.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:46 AM   #10
Rookie

dshill's Arena

OVR: 3

I'd like a bit more of a coach focus. See them on the sidelines, have a carousel in the offseason, have a bit more of a diversification of the playbook (the game has made strides in this over the years, but I don't feel like it's at the level I want). More of an emphasis on special teams. I like the presentation as it is, although that's something that can always be improved upon. Some of the weird AI decisions should be patched up, like random all-out blitzes and all that.

Build me up, buttercup, don't break my heart.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:30 AM   #11
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

1. Make it so I can link my custom sounds to my custom made Teambuilder school.

2. Add at least 2 more generic stadiums for the Teambuilder or maybe a choice of adding upgrades as your program improves. They dont even have to be visually seen on gameday but it would be nice to kno my stadium held 32,000 when we started and now we've added 20,000 seats and a press box.

3. Somehow fix the AI of the O-line so that an actual pocket forms, it seems like the O-line just forms this mushy line at the snap of the ball and once the tackles are engaged any and everybody can get to the QB with their nano-blitzes........

4. ......that need to be curtailed as well.

5. The throwing motion is elongated for some reason.

6. Too many kickoffs go into the endzone.

That's all so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2010, 02:11 AM   #12
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

1. Coaching Carousel w/ Coordinators

2. Speed/Acceleration ratios on generated players and revamping of player generation - Seeing WR's and RB's with 87 SPD and 70 ACC is kind of ridiculous, I doubt any player at those positions in the entire NCAA run anything like that. Secondary players are typically awful in coverage if they're any lower than a 4*. Safeties are slower than maybe between 30-40% of the LB's. Kickers are terrible. Half the QB's come in with throw ratings in the low 70's. Lineman strengths are week a majority of the time, tons of C's and worse. Generally fixing these few ratings recruits could see a potential 2-3 point OVR increase.

3. Option/Spread Run (GT/Oregon) - These teams are easy to shut down offensively and we need true scrambling/less predictable QB's. They stay in the pocket far too long.

4. Special Teams blocking

5. Leaping LB's AKA Jesus Backers/DL swats

6. Discipline/Player Suspensions - Discipline rating could cause that big 4* with a few character flaws to fall to somewhere like Marshall (ala R. Moss)

7. Less aggressive CPU D - Blitz far too often, EA has those aggressiveness sliders in Dynasty set far too high.

8. More effective PA

9. Customizable Playbooks - Choose X number of formations from existing playbooks to call your own.

10. Predetermined Blocking - I see a FB on a stretch play just keep running outside rather than sealing the edge from a LB or FB's pass by LB's to block a safety that isn't in the play.

11. Penalties - Minimum half of them are called on special teams due to what I believe is the difference between Block ratings of the outside players (CB's/WR's typically) and the much higher Shedding ratings of the gunners. Pass interference is almost non-existent, I see LB's in zone bump receivers off routes and CB's push off while the ball's in the air and get nothing.

12. Composure rating for players - Backup QB's and such never play like inexperienced backups

13. Player Chemistry rating - Depth to recruits, you get team players and your drama TO's and such.

14. Separable team prestige and "recruit prestige" - Boise State a 5* program means they get 4* and 5* kids like nothing. They're last recruiting classes were 58th, 98th, and 60th with one 4* recruit.

15. Complete revamp of prestige system - Far too easy to go up, one year of success doesn't prove anything in the real scheme of things. Plus who really thinks Boise is a 5* and equal to the likes of teams like Miami or Virginia Tech prestige wise?
Old 11-28-2010, 02:14 AM   #13
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
I agree with all of OP's ideas but not worried about adding teams considering they have team builder.

I would really like to see the CBS and ESPN broadcast make it in like they did with NCAA Basketball game.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 11-28-2010, 08:41 AM   #14
Rookie

illaim's Arena

OVR: 0

What I want in NCAA 12 above all else is a "Spectator Mode" sort of like what is found in "Project Gotham"

The ability watch games being played between other members in ones Online Dynasty would .be great.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:00 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

1. Fix passing defense and pass knockdowns. The game tries to make up for bad pass defense logic with superhuman reaction time, jumping, and closing on the ball. There are very few deflections in a college game. Most incompletions are from inaccurate throws or drops.

2. Fix spread and option running logic. Run blocking for option teams, and running from the shotgun is broken. It's much easier to run from pro set. The spread run blocking is terrible, defense is overpowering vs slow developing plays like read option.

3. Fix human play action passing. PA pass blocking is too poor, CPU is overpowering and gets to the QB too easily. PA is a big part of the passing game, but it's currently broken.

4. Improve CPU clock management. The CPU doesn't run milk the clock until 3 minutes left in the game. They don't plan drives properly at the end of the half to deny possessions to the opposing team.

5. Special teams should matter. KO/punt returns are non-existent. Kicking game is off, FG accuracy doesn't seem to vary with kick distance. Punt and FG blocks never occur.

6. Customizable playbooks. Exclusion is inexcusable.

7. Fully customizable conferences.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2010, 10:40 AM   #16
Banned

Phin's Arena

OVR: 2

There needs to be a stadium builder! Once you build your school up to 6 stars it sucks playing in 20,000 capacity stadiums. They had this last gen for madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »